ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to First Friday here in Vegas on Friday night, which is a City of LV event in the pseudo "arts district" near downtown on the "first Friday" of each month. Several blocks of live bands, art galleries, etc.

Parked on California Street, just off Main Street at about 7:15 pm (still light out). Thankfully put the top up and locked everything. Walked across the street to a Mexican resturant and after walked the event. Got back to the car at 10 pm to find this.

Looks like they used a rock (or maybe a ring) to scratch into the paint, all the way to bare metal in spots. The hood, one headlight cover and the right fender.

Guess it's time for a complete re-spray. Any recommendations here in Vegas?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
wow that freaking sucks dude. i woke up one morning in reno,nv to a brick sized dent on my hood = /

Scott

·
3,857 Posts
fcking unbelievable!
Sorry to head that!
These are the things that when happen I try just to forget (not even to get pissed off) and go on with my life...

I guess there are a lot of weird people out there so... it happens...

Btw I just remembered the story with the snipper a couple of years back that he was shooting random drivers in the freeway...

PS Nice seats, these are from the special edition 95 right?

·
CR.net Supporter
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My initial reaction was one of rage, which is quite normal I think. That quickly switched to a sick feeling in the stomach.

Trying to look on the bright side...I won't have to deal with all the rock chips on the hood now. :)

Hopefully the insurance will cover the damaged panels (thankfully no dents or any bodywork to deal with), and then I can spring for the rest of the front clip to make it match well. The car has been garaged most of it's life so the side paint is in great shape, so it should blend well.

Chris...Yes, they are '95 M seats. Have had them since '98. Much lower seating position compared to the regular seats. Much more comfortable too.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
thats a bitch dude.

Bright side (if there is one) they didnt put fag or a gay term, then youd have to ride around with that on there #-o
Someone keyed FAG into the hood of my Protege more than two years ago. I never got around to fixing it.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
^Nice. An RX-8 came into the shop with "****" keyed into the side of it. Some young kid was driving it, probably still in high school. Might've been a psycho ex or some jealous dude.

Either way, that sucks man. I never understood people that had to make other people feel bad in order to feel better themselves. Taking comfort in someone else's misfortune isn't something I agree with.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I can't stand little crap like that. I'm sorry man.

·
CR.net Supporter
511 Posts
Crap like that just pisses me off to no end!!!!! :x

Sorry for the damage that was done to your ride.

But just keep one thing in mind: KARMA, she's a bitch! And so is the payback! If there's one thing I know, these little fucktards are going to probally do this, or something similar along those lines again.... and somebody is going to bust them a new one!!!

What comes around, goes around. :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts