ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I am running a TD05 16g turbo on my 1.6 na and have measured the wastegate when fully open and its round the 11-12psi mark. Is there anyway I could put a different spring in this actuator to lower the boost or will I have to get a new actuator? If I do have to get a new one would a smaller one from a TD04 fit or are they completely different uniots?

Any help would be top!

Many thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Why exactly would you want to? I can't think of a single situation where 11-12 psi on a teeny little turbo like that could cause a problem. Maybe using stock injectors... but those are cheap and easy to upgrade, supra injectors are $40 and plug and play. Other than that.. ??

·
Registered
370 Posts
Yes teeny... I doubt it will push that much power on a 1.6 NA. "Good for" and what it makes at the stock wastegate actuator level are two totally different things. Most subaru guys I've seen are doing really good to top 300 hp on a 16g with a 2L motor and 20+ psi. I don't see the miata's craptastic 1.6 making 250 on 12 psi.

Just to answer your question though, I don't know of anyway to lower the boost other than changing the actuator. It's easy to increase, but not so simple to reduce the pressure.

·
Registered
531 Posts
find a TD05-14B wastegate actuator install and profit at 8 psi...
hope that helps lol

edit: sorry for bumping a month old thread...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts