ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am interested in lowering my miata, mabey even to the point of being slammed i really like the way that the car looks really low, and i was wondering what a decent suspension setup would be that isnt to hard on the budget. oh this is my first post on club roadster and i have to say that after reading some of the posts i will post here more frequently. I like it here alot better that miata.net forums

·
Registered
698 Posts
Damnit noob, do a search..

Just kiddin. I know you don't want to hear this, but it depends on your budget and what you plan on doing with your car. If you plan on auto-xing, you might check out the rules and limitations in the class you plan on driving in. It'll help us a bit if you tell us what year your Miata is too.

If you're like me and like the idea of having adjustability there is always Tein (Basic, Super Street, Flex*Fully Adjustable) Stance (GR+ Fully Adjustable), Megan (Fully Adjustable), APEXi (Fully Adjustable).

If you don't really care for adjustability, then there's Koni's and Flyin Miata springs visit Fat Cat Motorsport for some good reading). I personally say steer clear of all springs that are designed purely for looks. I bought the RS*R Down Springs and sure the drop looks ok (See my gallery), but the performance sucks. I was in a rush and didn't think I'd like the Flyin Miata springs which are significantly stiffer than my springs. Springs that are designed mainly for look are all to soft for a sporty ride and take away the sporty feel of the suspension IMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
like apexistud said, you have alot of options.

with a shock upgrade and just lowering springs, you can get your car lower and a little sporty feeling but you don't have the huge adjustability (sp?) of a full set of coilovers. read up on reviews and set a price and goal for your suspension. you'll be able to figure out what you need = )

·
Registered
563 Posts
It sounds to me like you just want the look of a lowered car and a little better handling. If you are going that route get some coilovers off ebay. Not the best stuff in the world but I have friends that have run them for years w/o problems. They are budget friendly and will let you lower your car as much as you want...

*Keep in mind that lower doesn't always mean better handling.

If you want to get serious about improving the performance of your car take APEXistud's advice (Thats what I would do). Do some reading on Fat Cat Motorsports Suspension FAQ , ask people what they think of theirs, and see if you can drive others setups.

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Bilstein R package shocks on lowest sprint perch, with Flyin' Miata (OLD) springs, Fat Cat Motorsports 46mm bumpstops, and Fat Cat Motorsports Top mounts will slam you really really well.

I currently have that almost setup except for the Bilsteins and its pretty low for stock/spring setup.

edit: here's a really good thread (with pictures) of miatas dropped on various setups. Pic thread: post up your dropped Miata

·
CR.net Supporter
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thnx for the help in gonna take your advice and look and read around some more and ask people what all they have.

oh my car is a 1995.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts