ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i have no carpet in my NA and the floor gets hot as hell!!!! i sprayed some high temp silver on the floor and under the car and on the exhuast and it really didnt help any. any ideas on how to cool down the floor?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Carpet +1

Ha or rhino lining

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Ahh. I just took my carpeting out cuz I like the look. Haven't got to drive the car yet due to the dash, seats, and basically everything else being out of it as well. Oh and I don't have a license.

You ruined my no-carpet fun with the hotness comment. Dammit I knew there was gonna be a downside! #-o

Rhino lining.. I was thinking about this but was wondering how much it weighed. My dad got his truck bed sprayed by Line-X, I was about to call and see if they would do an interior... but I would prolly just use the rattlecans anyways... more cost-effective :lol:

·
Banned
1,330 Posts
I found a garage door insulating material at Home Depot (or was it lowes...). I'll try to post up the name of it at some point.

Its about 1/4inch thick... light as heck (its basically small bubble bubble wrap with silver foil lining on both sides.

It made driving the carpetless car bareable... My plan is to run a couple layers of it and run a piece of metal over it.

Does work great and ads almost no weight.

update: I think its stuff by http://www.radiantguard.com/

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
my leg gets hot enough next to the tranny tunnel with the carpet I really can't imagine no carpet.
*bump* back from the dead........... ok so it was like 90 degrees out today and I'm driving to/from work. Tranny tunnel = incredibly hot. Floor = incredibly hot (I burned my foot on it the other day because I was driving barefoot).
Should be good in the winter tho!
Just cuz... I dunno, you don't realize believe it till you experience it... #-o

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Im going to be using a lot of that gold foil on the tranny tunner, and then just keep some OEM floor mats.
I forgot to mention I've got the OEM mats in. Good compromise. I want to do the foil... but... it's... gold. So I probably won't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts