ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It *rails* now. I took the first ramp about 1/4 mile from the shop and was amazed. I took the next ramp at an... ahem... spirited... pace and had to reel myself in because I was going far too fast.

The car *rides* better now too. No more oscillations over bumps. It doesn't feel that much stiffer, but it feels much more controlled.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sure it does. I have about 1.5" more of threads in the rear and 3 or so in the front. Any lower would be stupid, though. As is, it drags the undercarriage braces going on and off the alignment rack.

I already have a stupid low car. This one is practical.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, I'm not using the home pc as a server. My server company has been irritatingly spotty at times. Keep trying. They go down every once in a while.

No new wheels for a while. I still have to buy a new cloth top for my NA.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In a world where there are actual elevation changes, and the pavement is anything but flat, 1.5" more would be ridiculous. I drive this car every day. If I want to drive a car that drags hard parts on every bump in the road, I'll drive my NA.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Nice work Phinz. Pics are working for me now. I like the animated .gif you made showing before/after. Let us know how they ride/handle once you've had a chance to get your car properly aligned and corner balanced.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The car's already aligned. I haven't had a chance to corner balance it, but that will have to wait for a while. I only know one guy with scales, and he didn't show up today.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts