ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
OMG I didn't know that!
I think this is the car that was sold on ebay a while back!
It was the only LS1 that was sold at the time and IIRC it was made by a company in San Markos, CA.

·
Registered
212 Posts
OMG I didn't know that!
I think this is the car that was sold on ebay a while back!
It was the only LS1 that was sold at the time and IIRC it was made by a company in San Markos, CA.
nope, from here in jacksonville, fl. the owner is going to be rebuilding the car though

·
Registered
212 Posts
i think it had a fuel leak. dude was driving it and people started screaming that the car was smoking, then it burst into flames. the is a big thread on .net about it. and the guy posts on the local boards

·
Registered
56 Posts
I remember reading the local forums in FL about this car.

The builders were a husband and wife who wanted to make and sell kits for the swap and were asking a ridiculous amount for the car, $21,000 I believe.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Probably the single largest issue with any motor swaps and especially american V8's into our cars is the fuel lines - you have to completely rework the fuel line system to run the V8.
Alot of guys just completely run full new lines with all Stainless braided hose and AN fittings for their V8 swaps because they don't want to run the risk of a fire. And even then, there are alot of new ways introduced into the fuel system using completely different line and such for it to have a small problem and then poof, fire.
-Ryan

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Probably the single largest issue with any motor swaps and especially american V8's into our cars is the fuel lines - you have to completely rework the fuel line system to run the V8.
Alot of guys just completely run full new lines with all Stainless braided hose and AN fittings for their V8 swaps because they don't want to run the risk of a fire. And even then, there are alot of new ways introduced into the fuel system using completely different line and such for it to have a small problem and then poof, fire.
-Ryan
Well that was a brain fart on it's own. Why use the stock lines when you can rest assured using SS lines w/ -an fittings done right? Honestly, I've thrown it in my book for ideas for a 1.6 turbo setup. Call it overkill, but at least I know it won't be starving for anything and can be adjusted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts