ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody modified their bulbs to JDM yellow? Accordingly to websites the Luminic ones mimics the yellow foglights on the Lexus, the Nokya Hypers are not even street legal since the beam is considered too yellow for street use. Chip in your two cents if any of you have used or consider using them. Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the nokya yellow bulbs in my miata's high beams and in my xb's high/lows and fog lights. We sell them at the shop i work at so that is why i went with the nokyas.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont to sound like an idiot...but are they really "yellow" Im gonna put them in my lows....

·
Registered
200 Posts
i have the mtec "golden style ion yellow" ones on my car. They are really yellow, but I like them. The visibility seems much better than the generic hyper white bulbs I had previously which came with the diamond euro headlights i got off of ebay. The headlights actually use glass lenses instead of the regular plastic lens. Though i'm sure it would work better with some cibie or hella e-codes. anyway, hope this helped somewhat..

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
i have thought about doing this, since the human eye responds best to yellow light for seeing detail. But here's my problem. If you're coming down the interstate at night or something, and you're even speeding a bit (we all do on the highway at one time or another), do you think the cops will see that funky yellow light and point their little radar guns at the funky colored lights?

Other then that, i want to do an amber/yellow bulb... so i'll be watching you guys input to help me with my decision too :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the nokya's are really yellow.....but I went for Halo's instead and they are 3000k instead of 2500k. I like them and will probably install some in my foglights too.

droptopdrifter, FYI the yellow headlights are NOT street legal, but they are easy on the eyes especially if u do alot of driving and they look great too.

·
4,438 Posts
Was pulled over 2 weeks ago with my yellow bulbs - and it almost happened again - especially at night when you are at a stoplight - you are on display for all heat to see. I was let go simply because of my car being 'vintage' - some police allow some vintage lamps to contain a yellow element - but newer ones are a no-no.

Take my advice - stay white on your main lamps and yellow in the foggies.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
miata2nv, how much u guys charging for the nokyas at your shop?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my halos popped last nite....it didnt last 2hours....what a piece of crap....I returned it and got nokyas instead...and they seemed more yellow than halos....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey fellas, are your passenger side brighter than the driver side? according to the ppl at the shop, its made like that to provide courtesy for the on coming drivers. So, is it true?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I recently got the Lamini-X yellow film for the headlights and the turn signals. Haven't installed them yet.

What do you guys think? Do I apply the film just on the headlights or should I do the turn signals as awell?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey Joe,

I suggest you do both....I recently got yellow bulbs for my fogs and it looks way better than headlights only

·
Registered
39 Posts
Interesting thread!

I have an NB, so I have Lexus HID's for my low beams and my plan was to use yellow for the fogs and high beams... so I can still get that color and still look legal. I was wondering where I could find yellow bulbs...

And it's cool that I'm not the only one with an xB! Note the JDM everything. 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interesting thread!

I have an NB, so I have Lexus HID's for my low beams and my plan was to use yellow for the fogs and high beams... so I can still get that color and still look legal. I was wondering where I could find yellow bulbs...

And it's cool that I'm not the only one with an xB! Note the JDM everything. 8)

Try Ebay.....I've seen Mtec, Luminics, and Nokya on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts