ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Nice pics. The use of the parking garage ramp was clever. What's a wire tuck and how can I do it?
You don't know what it is and you want to do it? #-o

It's hiding wires in your engine bay so it looks cleaner. You can relocate and hide or get rid of things or tear out your engine harness and redo it.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Haha, I know what it is. I've seen it a lot on hot rods and euro VWs. I was just hoping you could share some tips on how you're doing it.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imin the middle of re-running all of my wires through the fenders and allong the frame rails. brake lines are also behind my firewall as of today(dont have pics yet), and the fuse boxes are inside the car.

heres my cars engine bay the day i got it.... and for the most part how it sits in the above picture.... notice the lack of random clumps of wiring in the "going wireless" bay

it takes forever, but looks good when its done.

Attachments

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cut, extend, solder, heat shrink, tape, loom, and thats about it. i've done a little at a time. i still need to figure out what to do about a overflow tank. the passenger side is still a bit messy but comming along nicely. the motor is comming out for a rebuild soon so ill be able to get alot more done, as well as a possible writeup.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive gotten as far as you on the wire tuck sorta....

are those the sportmax 002s w/ a 0 offset? what size tires are those? it looks great!
yes 15x8 0 offset

these pics were taken saturday night....

since i had today(monday) off i decided to do more tucking...so no more brake lines. :) and a greddy catch can added.

Nick- come out next time... i go downtown alllll the time. send me a PM.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
dont let the kids jump off the side of the road!! lol jk

Looks VERY clean mang!
Trust me, it was a looong drop from the top of there :shock:

And Brad's 'ish is very clean, I'm totally jealous, my poor car is so friggin' filthy....and broken, in need of parts :(
Did you at least spit off it and wait for the splat? :D

My car isnt so clean either :D , but pics work wonders! Just dont look at the vinyl wrap from 8ft or closer... otherwise you see a LOT of imperfections...but hey, its a racecar so from 20ft+ its looks good..and in pics too ;)

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Looks VERY clean mang!

And Brad's 'ish is very clean, I'm totally jealous, my poor car is so friggin' filthy....and broken, in need of parts :(

My car isnt so clean either :D , but pics work wonders! Just dont look at the vinyl wrap from 8ft or closer... otherwise you see a LOT of imperfections...but hey, its a racecar so from 20ft+ its looks good..and in pics too ;)
Droptop-

your car is awesome. it's not that bad when up close. you are one hell of a drifter, i must give you that. i use to live in atlanta, then moved back to Charlotte for a better job. im sure ill see you at nopi, and no it wont be the first time we've met. Last time i spoke with you was at a dekalb meet at a kroger or some grocery store like that. you didnt have a car then due to the fire. i've been following you ever since drift nationals at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte,NC, i believe 3 yrs ago, when you were driving a mostly stock white miata.

thanks for the compliments.... and yes i did spit off the top, but the bottom was to dark to see where it landed. hahaaaa

oh and what front mount are you using? im in desperate need of an upgrade!

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts

Looks VERY clean mang!

Droptop-

your car is awesome. it's not that bad when up close. you are one hell of a drifter, i must give you that. i use to live in atlanta, then moved back to Charlotte for a better job. im sure ill see you at nopi, and no it wont be the first time we've met. Last time i spoke with you was at a dekalb meet at a kroger or some grocery store like that. you didnt have a car then due to the fire. i've been following you ever since drift nationals at Lowes Motor Speedway in Charlotte,NC, i believe 3 yrs ago, when you were driving a mostly stock white miata.

thanks for the compliments.... and yes i did spit off the top, but the bottom was to dark to see where it landed. hahaaaa

oh and what front mount are you using? im in desperate need of an upgrade!
Thanks for the cmopliments man..;)

Yeah, i remember that meet, that was on my b-day and i left there to go to the pink pony. I dunno if i'll be in the drift showoff this year at nopi, but most likely have the car in my sponsors booth for all to see.

The intercooler is aebay special that was like $120 shipped. The core size is 28"l x 9"h x 3"thick with 2.5" end tanks. There are quite a few of them on there and its great quality.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
heres my engine bay as well.... im in the middle of a wire tuck, and i've added a few other things as of today, so its still a bit of a mess.
How can you consider a half-tucked bay "messy"? Even if it's horrible, it's halfway cleaner than any of ours! :)

Tucking is next on my list, I can't stand the cluster**** of wiring in that engine bay.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts