ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
alright i got the hubs back from machining finally, well sort of. I had to tap my own stud holes on the hubs and the tap broke on the last hole soooo a new tap and a month later ive got all the studs in, im starting to think this could be a nightmare if any of this breaks based on the scarcity of metric studs (these are grade 8 and i had to use regular bolts and cut the heads off) Anyway, its all here.. those axles look massive on the miata knuckle!

for my first build i wanted to keep it simple, so the chassis replacement blocks have the bash bar mount and sway mounts right under them. the block is 12 gauge which is light and serves as a crush point. it has hinges so the sway mounts swing out if the way to slide the control arm bolt through,but theyre pretty solid when the suspensions compressed.

i'm using rope to tie stuff down at this point lol, but its getting close, I should have the car ready to drive next time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
well here it is, rolling and driving.. its nowhere near ready to slide but shes all assembled so heres the progress ive made. oh and new phone so no more **** pics!

ill have to cut in to the fire wall some if i want to use all the angle available but its plenty for now, otherwise it handles like a dream.

still a fat mess in here

everything on the cluster works except fuel, speedo is way off but hey, nothing caught fire

im still amazed at how well everything fit, down to the stock intake

i found this badge from an m edition miata made the motorsport colors from vinyl.

up next; roll cage, dash cover and some form of hood to cover the beast, stay tuned!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
There's a lot more I see than racelands that I'd be concerned about. lol but hey, it's not my build. I appreciate the ingenuity but I can't see why you'd go through all that for 240hp
after i sold everything off the m3 i didnt need, the entire budget for this build up to the last pic has been around $1400.. well worth it for me so far, and the racelands are just so i can mock it up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That picture of the dash wiring reminded me of:

Awesome work. How does it drive? How's the weight distribution?
the suspension feels amazing, low as hell w/o the side effects of a poorly lowered car. the weight is somewhat front bias which is what i was going for, if not the s52 has an auxiliary water pump which makes for a simple rear radiator.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
hey guys, been working on other projects so not much progress made. I got an nb miata fuel tank for cheap, it has a heat shield right over where the exhaust dumps and its about 2 gallons bigger or something like that so why not!

I had to cut the tank wall out a wee bit

I had to remove the subframe to get to the tank, so i took the time to clean it up too

also noticed that my halfshafts were disgusting..

·
Registered
84 Posts
The fab work is good, but the reasoning behind it just isn't there... Those rear upper control arms are going to **** the bed first chance they get. As for the front, you'd have been better off just changing the length of the arm and angle of the ball joint mount. As said elsewhere, load paths should be as straight as possible. And that's not even getting into the actual geometry of it all.

That said, I wish I had the talents and resources to build my own seats. At least you're fabbing!

41 - 60 of 72 Posts