ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I purchased my 93 Miata 1.6 supercharged with a m45 in it with a rattle on idle like rocks were inside it kinda sound. I did a tear down of my m45 and its in need of a rebuild as I don't have the required tools for the needle bearing replacement. Unfortunately I just don't see this supercharger being worth the fix so I've decided to attempt to go stock and maybe turbo it down the road. Unless for whatever reason running the charger how it is won't damage the motor then just drive it till it goes. So my question to you all is what's needed and how does one go back to stock. I'm not sure what the car has for tuning but I know it's a very very old setup from what I've been told and wasn't sure if I could just rip that all out. Money is very tight currently so any diy help links or anything I missed while searching would help a great deal.
Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Photos posted are too small. You will need all the original cross over tube and clamps, filter housing, nut and bolts, new belt, chrome tube located on top of the valve cover, throttle body gasket. I am not sure you have mechanical or electric fuel management system. Remove those as well. Make sure you plug all the vaccum hoses that mounted on the dummy throtlle body. You will reuse the throttle body that current mounted to the supercharger. Adjust timimg back to 10 degree. If you r interest, I can swap complete part back to OEM for your damaged charger. I have the same damaged charger as well on a1993.

·
The colder Adam
2,194 Posts
I did this about a year ago to harvest my M45 from a car i bought and returned it to mostly stock. Do you have a box of parts with the car from the PO? My job was pretty easy, as I was lucky enough to have most of the stock parts laying around. I also had my main car in the garage as well to look at and act as a template to reassemble things. If you don't have either of those things (all the stock parts and a second car to look at), it is tougher, but not impossible. What is the EMS? Mine was a Bipes and a high flow pump and nothing else. the only hiccup I ran into was the PO spliced the Bipes into the stock harness vs. using a pnp harness. So, the Bipes stayed in the car (I am running MS2, so I had no need for it)

Off the top of my head, you'll need:

-Crossover tube
-the tubing that goes from the valve cover to the crossover tube
-Stock airbox or aftermarket intake like RB or whatever
-a roll of vacuum tubing
-vacuous vacuum caps for the boost guage and other vacuum powered supercharger related stuff (Bipes, RFPR, etc... depending on what you have).
-accessory belt
-TB gasket
-the PS pump bracket if you car has it

Assuming the little bits like the throttle cable bushings are still there (should be floating along the line somewhere), you should have most of what you need with that list. Just make sure you remover whatever engine management is on their for the supercharger (guessing RFRP and MSD box since you say it is an old system).

-st

1 - 5 of 5 Posts