ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i've been looking through this site for a while and decided it's about time to join up.

I recently bought my second MX5 which is just a Miata with the steering wheel on the other side.

My first MX5 was an NA6 that was silver with white wheels and a dark blue mohair roof. Suspension was stock and the only mods were Cat Back Exhaust & a shielded Pod Filter.

This time round I bought a cheap red one and put the rest of the budget into mods. I added YellowSpeed Coilovers, an Ultra Racing Middle Chassis Brace, a Brown Davis Roll Bar and a Black Mohair Roof. Oh, and a JDM Yo offset numberplate bracket too.

It looks a little something like this, but less blurry in real life:

Anyways, hi all!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
At work so can't post pics.

But google "Mohair roof" and go to images, there's a heap of pics.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Kind of like the car is standing still and the building is driving by? Wow, You guys down under know how to party!!! Diggin the WHeels...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the welcome all!

To answer a few questions, the mohair roof is just woollen fabric with a thin layer of rubber inside instead of Vinyl. On a hot day it's much cooler, I guess it's like comparing a nylon tent to a Canvas tent, the mohair doesn't transmit heat inside the car. It's from Prestige Auto Trim in the UK and it's the second one i've bought from them, really good quality for a low price. We've just had a summer where it's been real warm and real wet, so i'm lovin the mohair.

The Roll Bar is Brown Davis Roll bar made in Australia. I've read some reviews on US Sites where they were ridiculing the BD Roll Bar because it bolts to the rear parcel shelf, but I think it's pretty rigid. It's CAMS (aussie motorsport organisation) approved, so theoretically I could race the car as is. The car is a daily, but it'll get on the track sometime soon.

The Wheels are OG Banzai's. Never heard of the brand before and OG doesn't mean original gangsta like I first thought. I really like them and was going to put a set on whatever car I bought anyways. Luckily I found a car with them on there already. It's these: http://www.mx5mania.com.au/product1818.htm

[email protected], yep that was Adelaide. It's a good little street circuit that takes no prisoners. They used to do the F1 there too till Mika Hakkinen was badly hurt there. If you get anywhere near Sydney on your travels, give us a yell for a beer. I was just looking at Moss Miata earlier today as there's a bit of stuff on that site that I want when I get some spare cash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts