ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
No way. The output is completely different, backwards in fact. You would need the entire 1.8 ecu and harness.

·
Registered
718 Posts
is the FC MAF less restrictive than the NA6 MAF? IMO it wouldn't be worth getting one if it wasn't going to flow better

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Yes, thats the point. More powah! above 6k

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
quick question, anyone running a fc maf on 1.6 with a racing beat intake, are the bolt holes on the rx7 maf sensor in the same location so I can use the racing beat bracket?

·
Registered
332 Posts
sorry to steal the thread but..my question is...probably usually do 4 - 5 clicks looser right?...and wouldnt it be kinda lean if your always at high rev?

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've read that there is no point in a fc maf. I dont drive above 6k anyway. I occasionally get that at AutoX. Could I block the flap open and it run right? That's problably a stupid question.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
the voltage outputs from a AFM (1.6) and MAF (1.8) are the exact opposite.

so without electronics know-how, it's not going to happen.

The RX-7 AFM (B series) is an easy swap and dyno proven to add some gains for N/A miatas, although I wouldn't just throw one on without tuning with a wideband.

plus it looks like you lose a bit of mid range and peak torque, which isn't fun. I'm running 12psi on the sotck AFM. It works. Unless you shell out for a piggyback or ecu that can remove it, it's not really worht the trouble IMHO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts