ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So My guess is my Mass Airflow sensor has gone bad?

he symptoms, I have a HUGE power loss overall, the car is REALLY boggy at start, i have to rev up to about 3k RPM and ease the clutch in to take off, and My power band from 4500-7000 is GONE it seems like it taks a good 15-20 seocnds to climb from 4500-7000RPM. And If I have the AC on, It is inpossible to start from stop, The car Boggs out and almost stalls when you touch the gas,

Whats wrong!??!?!

I Am missing my Post-cat 02 sensor because of my aftermarket header but It has been gone for months so i doubt its the problem

I HAVE Cleared the Codes and Re-set the computer with No change

My second guess is a clogged cat, but the flow at the tip seems fine.

any help is apreciated?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran my scan tool, Im getting 02 sensor inactivity(obviously) and Manufacturer Air Fuel controll, ill check and get specific codes after work

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no accualy, Im kinda hoping thats not the problem, Fresh timing kit on the rebuild about 8k miles ago... How Would I go about checking the timing on a BP-4w?

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
if you are missing an o2, it's possible the car is going to a desfault limp mode, which would make it run very rich. this would clog the cat extremely fast, which is what it sounds like you are experiencing. try to find another miata owner in your area and see if you can borrow their MAF too. just see if it helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I unplugged my MAF and Reset the computer(dossconnected battery for 1 minute) and cranked it up and drove it(with the MAF disconnected to send it into lopp mode) and Nothing has changed. I am considering hollowing out the cat tommrow?

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
ah, you got an Nb right??, if you go hollow cat id just buy or make a test pipe, sounds much better

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was the plan but if you look over in the for sale fourms Im selling the car, whoever buys it will probably be here this weekend to pick it up and Id like to correct the probkem before then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts