ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered one for my Miata and one for my Subaru from a place called Touge Tuning. I inquired about magnetic plugs for the transmission because I really want one for both of those cars too and I haven't found one with a gnarly ol' magnet like the one Touge sells. He said that they don't make them, but if there was enough requests that they could be milled. 1000 to be exact, well 999 now that I've made my request. Is anyone else interested in this too?

http://www.tougetuning.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17

Their website is currently a forum and I guess you just Paypal them the money with your info and they ship the stuff. My plugs are supposed to be in the mail right now.

Anyways, if the tranny plug is something that sounds good to you, please shoot these guys a message because I'd REALLY like a powerful magnetic drain plug for my Miata! I've already put the bug in the Subaru crowd's forums. :) I'll take pictures of my plugs when they come and try to find something that weighs a bit to show you how strong the magnet is. Even if it is bunko I don't feel bad for being a guinea pig, at least I'll have a pretty bolt under my car. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
well I'm almost 100% positive the tranny drain plug is already magnetic.
edit: I actually am 100% positive it does

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is, it's a little flat magnet at the bottom, this is a stick style magnet of appearantly epic magnetism though. Again, I'll post pics when I get my oil pan plugs of them holding something of good sized weight. They have pictures of theirs hold cam sprockets and something else, I'm going to see if it'll hold weights and I'll put those pics up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, sorry to bump an ancient thread, but I got around to taking pictures of the plugs I bought.

One is for my WRX, the other is for my Miata. Guess which one is which! They had to be placed that far apart otherwise they'd snap together. Seriously, they're that strong. They fell off of my file cabinet the other day, the blue one bounced off the floor and stuck to the leg of my desk perpendicular.

And here's an image of the small one holding a 7 oz. hammer.

Again, if they get an order of 1000 units, they'll manufacture the plugs for our transmissions. I've been pushing that on the Impreza boards too. :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
The factory drain plugs do have some magnetism, but they're not that strong (don't know if it matters though). And if your not the original owner, there is a good chance that you no longer have the original plug. I bought one from Pepboys for like $4 bucks or something. Haven't changed my oil yet since I've installed it, but for the price I think it's a worthy investment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts