ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my wife a 92 miata, and it came factory with manual steering. i went to ProjectG and got a complete power steering "kit" which i will be installing. once installed, i plan on selling the manual rack. how much is it worth?

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Does it come with rod ends? How are the boots? OE rack bushings look okay? Or are you looking to unload just the bare rack... So to speak. ;) Those kinds of details will alter our answers a bit.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
itll come with everything. tie rods, everything attached to the rack i guess. i will be doing the swap next weekend when ive got some time and ill take some pictures. lets just assume the boots and bushings are bad because this is a 92 we are talking about, which is now 20 years old.

once i install the power steering rack, i will have no use for this rack ever agian, as i am a huge fan of power steering. =p

so just trying to see how much i should sell it for

·
Mostly Harmless
1,540 Posts
Oh, and you would find a willing audience for the idler pulley setup that's coing out, too.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the idler pulley is going with it. Everythin that pertains to the manual steering i am getting rid of. Hell i might even do it today.

·
Registered
87 Posts
No disagreement about the rack price, but I think the idler is more around $40-50. I think the last time I purchased a new one it was around $90-95, but it has been a few years.

·
Registered
397 Posts
If you'll take 110 shipped for the rack, I'll take it. Sell the pulley setup to someone who's converted their PS rack but still loves AC :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts