ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im wondering if this aftermarket locking kit will work with a viper or clifford alarm? because i have manual locks and any aftermarket alarm i have looked at needs power locks.
http://www.emiata.com/KeylessLocks/MazdaMiata.asp

i would opt for their alarm but i wanted proximity sensor and tilt sensor for having the top down and protecting my wheels.

i dont see why it wouldnt work with an aftermarket alarm but according to their email message it wont, but they wouldnt tell me why, unless its a way to sell me their alarm.
1) You are unable to use our kit with an aftermarket alarm.
2) You have to purchase the switches separately.
3) Our keyless entry will not work with any other alarm systems.
4) You can call us and ask to speak to Rhonda. She can help you. Our phone number is 704-684-1235.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you call back and speak to Rhonda to see what she says?
i have not because the main reason for the alarm is a proximity and tilt sensor, and from a recent email you guys stated that your alarm doesnt have any supporting add-on sensors.

although i might just buy the doors and trunk actuators from you guys and use it with a DEI alarm. 2ndChanceRoadster knows of an installer to install it for me.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i have not because the main reason for the alarm is a proximity and tilt sensor, and from a recent email you guys stated that your alarm doesnt have any supporting add-on sensors.

although i might just buy the doors and trunk actuators from you guys and use it with a DEI alarm. 2ndChanceRoadster knows of an installer to install it for me.
I'm not affiliated in any way with whoever that was you sent the e-mail to.... Good luck with the install!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The alarm could be a lot better if the kit was expandable ... But it's not.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts