ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

question thats been on my mind for a while now for ITBS why do a majority of users use throttle position sensor and map sensor? I was always led to believe with ITBs you just map it up on the tps and it was pretty much a done game is there any particular reason for using both?

Just on my previous 106 gti I was running ITBs which was mapped on tps only idle was fine driving was fine everything pretty much normal, it's just I want to make the right decision as to which ms to get for my build.

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Streetability.

On a dedicated track car you could just use an alpha-n setup like you speak of and be fine. On the street a blend of that and speed density is ideal for low-RPM performance and mid to high-end power that you don't see on the track. It's taken me a few years of tinkering with my tune to finally get it working the way I want it to at low RPMs.

I tried making an alpha-n map for my car but it just wasn't as streetable as it was on a speed density map. I swap it over every now and again when I feel like driving the piss out of the car, but I wouldn't want it to behave like that every day going to and from work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Streetability.

On a dedicated track car you could just use an alpha-n setup like you speak of and be fine. On the street a blend of that and speed density is ideal for low-RPM performance and mid to high-end power that you don't see on the track. It's taken me a few years of tinkering with my tune to finally get it working the way I want it to at low RPMs.

I tried making an alpha-n map for my car but it just wasn't as streetable as it was on a speed density map. I swap it over every now and again when I feel like driving the piss out of the car, but I wouldn't want it to behave like that every day going to and from work.
ah thanks for clearing that up foosh always wondered why I think I will get it setup on both since all the hardware is there and go from there

1 - 3 of 3 Posts