ClubRoadster.net banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
This looks like a blast, ironically I was out there the prior weekend. Will be attending next year for sure!

·
Registered
697 Posts
She wasn't happy, but by the time I got home yesterday, she gave me a big hug and said "we'll figure it out." I'm not sure how she'll feel about me coming next year, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

He did. I'd hoped he would still be around for my (currently 5yr-old) son to drive. First thought as I looked back at the car is that that dream *might* not be possible to fulfill.
Man I'm just glad you're ok. I've lost too many friends to that road. The car is repairable and it'll be fixed soon enough! I'm also willing to help you track down parts and deliver them up to ya! I'll be coming to Mid-Ohio at the end of the month too.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
2,965 Posts
She wasn't happy, but by the time I got home yesterday, she gave me a big hug and said "we'll figure it out." I'm not sure how she'll feel about me coming next year, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

He did. I'd hoped he would still be around for my (currently 5yr-old) son to drive. First thought as I looked back at the car is that that dream *might* not be possible to fulfill.
Man I'm just glad you're ok. I've lost too many friends to that road. The car is repairable and it'll be fixed soon enough! I'm also willing to help you track down parts and deliver them up to ya! I'll be coming to Mid-Ohio at the end of the month too.
To add to this, I'll still be around for another month so if you need help wrenching let me know and I'll be there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well that was fun. No, really. BIG thanks to Jamie for letting me know he had some extra space for me to crash in for a night. Also, another thank you to Bryan/Josh/Jason/and friends for letting me hang out Sat night.....and for the parting gifts :)
(Bryan- let me know the names of the beers ya let me try so I can keep an eye out for them!)

Was so nice to see soooo many friends and familiar faces, everywhere I looked while walking around the vendor area on Saturday. It felt so damn good to get to actually drive the car how I wanted (not pushing too hard) and not worry about the road being compete ****. Unfortunately I had the fun of discovering the stock radiator decided to **** the bed....and started doing so before driving up there from Charlotte, kinda scary. Now comes the fun of pucking a new one and not going overboard.
Not a problem, man. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Was great to meet, talk, and hang out with you.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,449 Posts
Honestly, if I make it next year, I don't know if I'm going to drive at all other than coming in or going home. It'll give me time to meet more people, if nothing else.

·
Registered
316 Posts
MATG XXI was a blast. It was very nice to meet people and put faces to names.

Maxime is a cool guy, and his ND is stellar:

It was great to meet Jamie as well, his NA is absolutely amazing. I even got to sit in the seats!
Maxime is indeed a cool guy, and his RF is so well put together. I wish I would have had the chance to run with him more.

Great pics and kind words, man.

If ya want, next time we can swap cars for a run. Or I can give ya a ride in Betty so you can get an idea of what Xidas ride like. Granted, that road isn't the greatest for ride comfort testing... though some of the roads in Robbinsville are. I can't believe I didn't think to at least offer you a ride while we were there this time.
Honestly, if I make it next year, I don't know if I'm going to drive at all other than coming in or going home. It'll give me time to meet more people, if nothing else.
I can't blame ya. I know the feeling of nearly wrecking my car in a spin, and I know how that messes with ya driving confidence. But, MATG is still great if all ya do is meet, talk to, and hang out with some great people.

My buddy Daniel w/ an FRS spoke to you (I think earlier on Sat.) about how he came close to buying a Laser Blue and his concern was about buying such a car and something happening to it. He told me about you wanting to pass yours on to your son as well.

Anyways, while I didn't speak to you this year, I saw you around, and hope to see you and actually speak to you next year.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
Not a problem, man. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Was great to meet, talk, and hang out with you.
I'm totally in for sitting somewhere along the road and holding up some placards next year lol. :icon_cheers:

Wish i had grabbed a few pics of the cars posing at the 'Cavity before i/we left :/

·
Registered
316 Posts
MATG XXI had a ton going on and had a hell of a turn out. I didn't get in as many runs as I had planned or wanted to on the Dragon, but this year was quality over quantity.

I got my first clean (no impeding traffic or LEOs) run in on Sun. evening.

Pics and more videos to come later.

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
I'm totally in for sitting somewhere along the road and holding up some placards next year lol. :icon_cheers:

Wish i had grabbed a few pics of the cars posing at the 'Cavity before i/we left :/
Man I just about messed up the turn you guys were sitting at every time.

It was our first time up there and we had a blast. Can't wait for next year. Hopefully we get up there a little earlier and get to explore some of the other roads.

'8705006-129Slayer by Greg Collins, on Flickr

·
Registered
316 Posts

Absolutely. And yeah, I too wish I had gotten some pics of the good stuff going by us.

Here's my pics from MATG XXI.

MATG XXI DSLR

MATG XXI phone pics

MATG XXI Betty phone pics

MATG XXI Betty DSLR Highlights

Got some more videos too. But I need to edit and upload them, so it'll be a bit before I post those.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,449 Posts
Really wish I'd have gotten to talk to you, Jamie. I've been seeing your car quite a bit on-forum lately!

For those curious: The Tick went to the adjusters today. We'll see what they decide in a day or two.

·
Registered
697 Posts
So I get it... you're having fun and going hard. You see some miata lights behind you, but who knows if they'll go faster?! Nah..... just go ahead and pull over if they're right on you for 5 or so turns.

I was really looking forward to making jcoupe poo his pants too :lol:

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
So I get it... you're having fun and going hard. You see some miata lights behind you, but who knows if they'll go faster?! Nah..... just go ahead and pull over if they're right on you for 5 or so turns.

I was really looking forward to making jcoupe poo his pants too :lol:

sorry about that. We left so early that we didn't think there would be anyone behind us. That was the hardest I have ever pushed my car, but after doing a bit of a fishtail halfway through I slowed down. :sweatdrop:

The road were pretty wet in some places anyways. :/

·
Registered
697 Posts

sorry about that. We left so early that we didn't think there would be anyone behind us. That was the hardest I have ever pushed my car, but after doing a bit of a fishtail halfway through I slowed down. :sweatdrop:

The road were pretty wet in some places anyways. :/
No worries! Like I said, I understand. I can go up there anytime I want, so if you had fun on the way back to Fontana than it's all good :icon_cheers:

121 - 140 of 141 Posts