ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
This is my very first post on here! Just found you guys today.
My names Matt, i'm 19 and from Leeds, England and a month or so ago I bought myself this......

And here's what i've been doing to it for the previous month!

Firstly, I de-smoked all the lights and reflectors using a mild cellulose thinners, then i used some 'auto-gym super resin polish' to bring back the shine. Here's an example....

I then made myself a stainless steel subframe brace for a bit more chassis stiffening.

Then I decided to make a start on the interior. I gave the old door cards a new lease of life with a little time, suede and spray adhesive...

And then got them fitted!

To go with the new suede door cards I made myself a suede gearstick gaitor with some of the left over material. Here it is....

Then it was time to briefly go under the bonnet. There was a slight rocker cover gasket leak so I bought myself a new gasket and whilst the cover was off i gave it a few coats of paint and also fit a K&N induction kit. Just need to re-route it or make myself a heat shield to stop the heat soak.

The car came with a factory fitted spoiler which I hate! So this last weekend I whipped the spoiler off and welded the 4 holes shut. A little skim of body filler and some primer and its ready to paint!
I have recently bought myself:
15'' 3 piece Image RS7 split rims
Bilstein Shocks (midway throught respraying them)
New poly-bushes for the bilsteins
Stubby aerial kit
Also looking at buying some Tein lowering springs too

Next step is to get the car ready for respray, The colour it is now is a subaru blue but I am wanting to respray it 'Vauxhall arden blue'. It's the blue colour they use across their VXR range.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
487 Posts
I don't know how concerned you are with performance, but a 165 is quite narrow (as you know) and miata's like to have equal tire widths front and rear, I am running a 195/50 dunlop on my 8" wide wheels, they just barely stretch if you search for my project thread I think I posted a photo. good luck

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not massively corncerned with performance at the moment as insurance companies in the uk are pigs and are really strict on young drivers having 'performance cars'. the 165's on my 7'' rims on my daily driver arnt too bad. quiet a nice slight amount of stretch. so with these new wheels being 7's on the fronts and 8's on the back i might have to go with 165's and 195's.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wheels turned up friday but was having difficulties uploading pictures onto car domain.
They arrived from ebay and i was ery disappointed, the wheel itself is beautiful but they're gonna have to be refurbed as they was very poorly described in the advert.
Here they are anyway!

Putting that aside, i got the shocks polybushed today!

Also got the top mounts primed and painted, just waiting on the tein springs now!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Very nice little build you have going here. Those wheels are different from what everyone else is running. I like them! I chose to run different wheels also and had them custom powdercoated for good looks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Exactly! I don't like doing things the exact same as everyone else, don't get me wrong rotas and watanabe wheels are nice wheels but everyone has them. Saw these and had to have them! Custom made to your own spec by image wheels here in England too!
Yeah they'll be getting powder coated, thinking of having a sort of dark, anthracite grey centre with a really light sliver lip but I'm not 100% sure yet. Can't justify having a polished lip as it's gonna replace my daily driver too when it's done and it'll be too high maintainence!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Whilst I'm still waiting for the tein springs to arrive for my suspension i've come up with an idea to cure the god damn heat soak on my supposed 'cold air' intake.

Going to make myself a metal heat sheild in the shape of a clyinder just like this one but out of 316 grade stainless steel and then direct a cold air feed sraight into the cowl but where the washer bottle sits.

just need to replace and relocate the monstrosity of a washer bottle now.
Any advice on a replacement that isnt ridiculously expensive?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts