ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the maximum width/offset wheels I will be able to get to fit and clear my tuckin99 N2 wide flares ?

Chris Lee kindly amiled me the dimensions of his wheels but the R S Watanabe's taht I am looking at don't come in the same offsets unfortuately !

I really want to be sure about this before I comit to the order as I can only afford these babies once !!!

at the moment I am looking at R S Watanabe Type-R's :

Rear - 16 x 9.0 offset -13
Front - 16 x 8.5 offset -6

these will put the outer face of the wheel to pretty much the same as Chris's car ...

·
Registered
464 Posts
There is a guy on .net that did quite a few measurments when he installed his. He was running R compound tires which are wider than normal (even though they're the same size) so the measurments might not exactly carry over. Tire size has a lot to do with the fit as well. Linky

I think Chris's offsets were a lot more aggressive though.

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a guy on .net that did quite a few measurments when he installed his. He was running R compound tires which are wider than normal (even though they're the same size) so the measurments might not exactly carry over. Tire size has a lot to do with the fit as well. Linky

I think Chris's offsets were a lot more aggressive though.
I would have to go and check, but from memory Chris's are :

F - 16 x 9 offset 0
R - 16 x 10 offset 0

if you are looking Chris correct me if I am wrong ...

with my arithmetic ( not double checked !!! ) that is within a few mm of where Chris's outer lip face will be with slightly less backspace !!?

·
Registered
464 Posts
That's what I have noted down for his offsets too. I was researching last year for this but I've had to delay it. Your math is correct comparing your proposed offsets to his.

Jeremy's wheels are 1 inch further in (25mm more offset) based on his post of 9.5" wide with 6" backspace, but like I said that's probably needed to accomodate the wider tires.

The blue NA from Hawaii http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=632 is running 15x10 ET -15, but that's with only a 225 width tire which are also at least an inch shorter being 15".

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts