ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see any threads about this tire so I'm posting here. Something we worked to bring to the market for over 8 years. Finally here! First batch sold out a month ago. Second batch just arrived. More sizes on the way. The VR-1 is a 200tw tire. Not as sticky as the RE71R or Rival-S but still very fast and much longer lasting. We don't sell tires so visit the Maxxis site to learn more or order.

More pics on mt.net, fb and m.net.

http://www.maxxis.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are amazing. Guy had them this weekend at autox on a old ass Celica-supra and he was doing amazing with a very basic setup.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried these with a 6UL x9 on an NA? Aside from an aggressive roll, would pulling be necessary with a 11.75F and 12R?
Ride height is irrelevant, unless the car is never started and driven. More info from early users on mt.net. Feel free to crosspost:)

·
Registered
826 Posts
From my reading and the limited pictures there are. These seem to fit like a 225 Hoosier on a x9. So if you can fit that (!) youre good.

Or more to what people are more likely to have; if you can fit a modern 225/45 200tw street tire on a 15x8+25 wheel, you can probably fit these.

·
Registered
376 Posts
OK their auto/LT backdrop featuring the 949 ND is absolutely badass. And the VR-1 is on a 6UL.

Bad. Ass.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking forward to using these in the coming months. I'll be ordering the x10 6ULs at the same time, so I'm super stoked about how they perform up at the Dragon.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Rivals are running out soon... these will be a nice addition to my k swap

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
9,361 Posts
Rivals are running out soon... these will be a nice addition to my k swap
Phil just bought a set for his K-swap car. Pretty sure he's got at least 1 autocross in and loved them. He's down in Florida so maybe kinda almost similar summer weather as you?

·
Google me.
164 Posts
Latest GRM (print) tested it versus Rival S 2015 and Rival S 2016 etc. Maxis preferred 10 wide over 9. Large for the nominal size. Latest Rival beat it solidly on track tho. Next issue AX testing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts