ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start the thread - for me, one that will have lasting memories for years to come - for a trip that three guys from CR.net will not soon forget. We (Me, Taylor (Foo S.) and Tim Allen) have been invited to attend the Karuizawa Meet next month on behalf of RSpeed Japan. With our trusty cameraman, Foo/Taylor, at our side, we hope to capture all the adventures from our landing in Tokyo on May 24th to our exploration on the backstreets and through the mountains and hills on our way to Karuizawa. He have some exciting things planned that we hope to share with you all in photos and video format and I hope we can update this thread in the weeks to come with photos and updates.

Karuizawa is very cool - Lying at the foot of Mount Asama (2560m), at the border of Nagano and Gunma prefectures, Karuizawa is a mountain resort town favored by Tokyo residents wanting to escape the heat of summer.

The town has only 6000 permanent residents, but this number doubles between June and August. The local "Ginza" shopping street reproduces the atmosphere of the famous Tokyo district and its upmarket boutiques and restaurants.

Karuizawa is ideal for practicing outdoor activities such as horse-riding, golf, tennis or hiking or Miata meets. Note that Mount Asama cannot be climbed, as it is an active volcano and could erupt anytime.

We have a tentative plan right now. We depart Atlanta on May 23rd and catch a connection fight on a triple-7 out of Houston and on to Tokyo - landing mid-afternoon on May 24th. From there, we hit our hotel at the InterContinental ANA TOKYO and eat sushi until we puke. On the 25th we are invited to a special Eunos gathering in Tokyo with several vendors (Nopro, KG Works, Vary, etc). Then on Saturday, May 26th, we meet up with the Corn's crew and take the keys to one of their Na6c's as well as meet with Mr. Nopro himself and take the keys to one of his roadsters and we trek 3 hours into the hills for the Karuizawa meet.

We then just pass out in excitement to over 1500 modified Miatas and just walk the yards of cars and used parts that our eyes have yet to experience. This will be a killer for me in itself. On that night, we are staying with the Over 40's club in a cottage off the main area for their ceremonial "sake and smokes" through the night as well as hang out with several Mazda big wigs who attend with the group.

We wake up on Sunday the 27th for another day of craziness and eventually head back into Tokyo to return the roadsters and then spend one last night in the city.

I am sure some things will change a bit as well as some new additions added...but keep checking back here as we lead up to K-day and we hope to keep you all updated with lots of pics and videos - but the videos may have to wait until we are back.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
In that case pick me up a used nardi,sparco, or deep dish steering wheel for cheap LOL They can be had for $20-$50

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Wow guys, the envy I have for you all is just comming out of my pores. This is a dream vacation in every way. Foo, please, take videos of as many cars as you possible can. Ill be more than happy to donate some hd-dv tapes if thats what youll be using.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Envy doesn't even begin to convey my current feelings for what you guys get to do. Please take a ton of video, we'll all have to live vicariously through you.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Dammmn you guys are living the Roadster high life! You actually get to borrow the Corns and Norpo cars to drive around! How do I get on that short list again?

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
For the ones that are going: take PLENTY and DETAILED pictures of INSTALLED braces, roll bars, wheels, underchassis, exhausts, engine setups, suspension setups, tires, body parts, paint, interior, etc etc.

And if there is a new and cool thing roadsterheads in Nippon are doing let us know about it!

There better be a goddamn 10 page thread of just pictures! Have fun guys. I'm jealous!

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
For the ones that are going: take PLENTY and DETAILED pictures of INSTALLED braces, roll bars, wheels, underchassis, exhausts, engine setups, suspension setups, tires, body parts, paint, interior, etc etc.

And if there is a new and cool thing roadsterheads in Nippon are doing let us know about it!

There better be a goddamn 10 page thread of just pictures! Have fun guys. I'm jealous!
I just hope I don't run out of hard drive space while i'm over there :lol: As it stands now I could only fit 7500 pics from the trip!!

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
My dad is letting me take his digital video camera, which uses a HD and his 8 MP still camera!

Woot!

·
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah - I am making my list now - got to get my temp international driver's License tomorrow or next weekend. Need to free up the Canon digi cam as well as make another list of all the stuff I am going to buy. It is going to be sick. Really sick.

Tim - lets get together and see if we can secure some of your server space for image uploads etc - there will be tons.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts