ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just helped a friend install Air Rex suspension on his Mazda 2 yesterday. I'll just post a few pics of it. If you have questions I'll do my best to answer them, or I'll ask him and get back to you. To my knowledge this is the first bagged MZ2 in the world, if not who cares... it's still dope as ****.

From Brendan:

I have a **** load of playing around and adjusting to do.

1. Get an alignment... So out of whack
2. Try to get a shorter rear bag. At 0 psi it doesn't sit where I want it
3. Roll front fenders since the rears are done... Need to add clearance
4. Camber bolts on fronts... Need just a touch of negative camber

Other than that it's flipping awesome!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
i can't sit at 0 psi in the front yet due to alignment issues and needing a front fender roll/pull. the rear is sitting at 0... need a little moar low in the rear so i'll be hitting up airrex in hopes they have some answers for me.

i got dampening adjusted today and a full calibration done
That's all for pics at the moment. I live 2 1/2 hours away or else I'd go snap some more lol

Full Lift:

·
Registered
221 Posts
make me want to buy a mazda 2 :3

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Looks good! But it definitely looks like he has positive camber in the front :lol:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it had positive toe and camber, it for sure needs an alignment though.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
cool no one else has done it, but it looks like you could get that low without bags, just static on coils.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think some people have a hard time reading and/or don't understand the purpose of air suspension so I'll sum it up.

This is not the ride height the owner desires. He wants to go lower but has a few adjustments to make before doing so. This kit wasn't designed properly for the MZ2 since there's nobody else with it and not a mass market(yet?) for them and adjustments had to be made accordingly. Yes, you can go this low or lower being static, I'm not going to further insult anyone's intelligence by listing the cons of being slammed or mod slammed.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts