ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far im having a really bad experience with parts deparments at the dealer..WTH!!!! first of all there are only a handful left of mazda dealers in the area..and secondly, do they not stock freakin parts for the miata at all ne more. its not that old is it? i get more parts for my 72 datsun at the dealer...shoot. the guy at the alhambra dealer told me that they dont order those parts ne more and that because there cars runs so good, they dont need order ne more..REALLY...and i just called anaheim and they same thing..is it just me or am i going crazy..all i need is a fuel pump and fuel strainer...all other part store stock the pump, but not the strainer...a little stupid cloth bag that keeps stuff out the pump..which is understandable, but if you cant go to the dealer for it,WTH..and at pep boys the pump is $140..at the dealer is $436......WTH>>WTH>>WTH.........
some one help me...this is my first experience with the car and its driving me nuts....

HAHAHAHAHAH..im going crazy...

SORRY JUST VENTING>....please really i need help.... :roll:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: mazda dealers suck..can ne one else help me..

Why not buy it at Pep Boys or at Moss Motors?
ohh i am buying the pep boys pump, $450 is crazy for that tiny piece...almost worth more then my car... but no one stocks the strainer...and i want the car running my tommorow..or i need it running...street cleaning...pushing it sucks..

im just really disappointed with the dealer response to one of there main selling cars...i cant believe hearing a parts guy tell a customer they dont order these parts ne more because they run so well..i mean what the hell is his existence there then ...and they should have at least one of every part of each car in stock..

dealer peeps help me out...im loosing faith as i write....never calling again..i need another local non dealer outlet.. #-o

M

·
0 Posts

dealer peeps help me out...im loosing faith as i write....never calling again..i need another local non dealer outlet.. #-o
MiataRoadster.com to your rescue!

8)

Three pieces of advice:

1) Don't settle for PepBoys crap parts or over-priced OEM parts. Get a racing-quality Walbro 190 LPH pump for $99 from any one of dozens of vendors on eBay: http://tinyurl.com/zv3ml

2) Call my old friend (and prize-winning Miata owner) Marty Souter, Parts Manager @ Phillips Mazda in Mission Viejo. He can get you any OEM parts (usually w/i two business days) at his retail price + sales tax. His # is 949-859-9055

3) Place an order through me, I will order the parts through Marty at my wholesale price, and I will deliver the parts to you at the weekly KINOD for my cost + a token 10% markup to cover my gas and (some of) my time spent helping you.

Let me know if you need help!

~Bill
MiataRoadster.com

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanks....i will keep that in mind...i was losing faith in the resources...

·
Registered
971 Posts

Or give my friend Jason a call at http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/
704-563-1510 ext 141

They are my local dealer. Full parts list on their web site, prices on the site are the same as racers get... Jason is a racer, has a '93 smurf blue Miata that he runs with NASA.

I've sent him a link about becoming a forum sponsor... he is one for Miata.net and the Protege / Mazda 3 forum.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,642 Posts
Another place to try is Trussville Mazda. Marshall should be able to set you up. They're based out of Alabama, though.

ps - It's "any," not "ne"...

·
Mufasa in Training
32,642 Posts
I don't want it to devolve into that kind of thread. I'm trying to put out that it is hard to understand what the original poster is trying to say because he was not paying much attention to his grammar (note the lack of proper capitalization) or spelling. Sorry if I'm being a nazi, but I for one do not like having to try to translate someone's plea for help because it wastes my time and delays a possibly helpful answer.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Not to mention that it's rude to expect other people to decipher cryptic or poorly organized posts. A little time to try and make sure your post actually follows standards of the English language (or whatever language the forum is in) can go a long way toward getting an answer to your questions. This isn't text messaging. You don't have a limited amount of characters you are allowed to use.

But, like Bryan said, this doesn't need to devolve into that kind of thread, and implying people are Nazis doesn't do anything for anybody.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WTF....im sure you know what that is...did you want me to spell that out..you gotta be f ing kidding me :wink: .i know im new and all but...WOW..just wow.....thanks for the help though....back on point...

"ne one local in socal u can refer me 2"..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
nice...additional..edit.to....makesure...that...you...cal...names...

And another edit too. :lol:

I think Bill's Mission Viejo idea was a pretty good one.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think Bill's Mission Viejo idea was a pretty good one.
This is actually pretty funny. No, seriously. I'm laughing here. :mrgreen:

I do think Bill's idea is a pretty good one. In the amount of time you'll try and find a local, and the time wasted, I bet his guy could get it for you pretty quickly.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im suprised you find that funny..being he just posted it last night after 8pm when they are closed...what makes you think i havent done that already today... #-o

NE ways...i got the parts now and they are in...but still the car mystifies me. I still cant get the fuel to the motor. I reposted it onto the engine section, so thanks to everyone for the help....even the comedians.. =D>

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
There's no sense in arguing over spelling and grammar here. It's really very simple - if you want help from someone make it as easy as possible for them to help you. When you ask a specific question provide as much supporting information as possible up front and type clearly so others don't have to strain to understand what you're saying. If you're not up to the challenge of helping out someone who can't type clearly or ask a straight question then just ignore them and move on. Eventually they'll get the point or find the information themselves or someone with more free time on their hands will help them out. No worries.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
No. I'm saying the banter back and forth is funny. I wasn't very clear. My bad for not being very clear. I was laughing at the commentary, and that's it.

Strange about not being able to get fuel to the engine. Clogged fuel filter? You haven't crushed a fuel line anywhere, have you?

How much did the strainer wind up costing?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hehheh..i put a new fuel filter and i get fuel alll the way up to the line where it comes up on the left side of the motor/right side of the car, before the fuel rail. So im pretty sure no crushed lines.

I finally got an aftermarket bosch fuel pump and strainer combo for $150.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts