276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Mazda Miata / MX-5 LED Turn Signals

Click to order or for more information:

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 1990-2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2006-2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2009-2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Bulb Design:

HP11: Four side-firing 1.5W-rated Osram LED chips, and one 5W-rated LED chip on top, which is projected by a lens for maximum effective brightness. The bulb is housed in a machined aluminum casing, which provides superior heat diffusion for long life.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS.

Hyperblink Fix: The turn signals on most vehicles will begin to blink fast (hyperblink) when LED bulbs are installed. This is because LEDs use less power than the original bulbs, so your vehicle thinks that the bulb is out. There are two ways to fix this:

Resistor Kit: This is a universal way to fix the issue, and will work for any vehicle. By adding a resistor to the bulb's circuit, you can mimic the power consumption of the original bulb, and return the vehicle to normal turn signal speed. The installation takes 10-15 minutes, and involves making two simple connections. Everything you need is included in the kit. If you have both front and rear LED turn signals, you usually only need one set of resistors, on the front or rear, to create enough resistance for the turn signal circuit.

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty. For more information, please view the FAQ guide.

Click to order or for more information:

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 1990-2005 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2006-2008 Mazda MX-5 Miata

Front Turn Signal LEDs for 2009-2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Re: FS: Turn Signal LEDs *Switchback Options* -Same Day Shipping!

Just finished install on my 1995, love them. You were right about the resistor getting hot, wow does it.

All in all a nice upgrade, thanks again.

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Just finished install on my 1995, love them. You were right about the resistor getting hot, wow does it.

All in all a nice upgrade, thanks again.
Thanks for ordering with us!

Post some pictures when you get a chance! :smile:

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

How man lumens are these compared to incandescent bulbs?
Which bulb model are you referring to?

We have a variety of options for the turn signal locations

Nick C.

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
634 Posts

How do these look in the stock turn signal housings? The pictures you showed appeared to be clear/JDM housings if I'm not mistaken. Is that necessary?

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

How do these look in the stock turn signal housings? The pictures you showed appeared to be clear/JDM housings if I'm not mistaken. Is that necessary?
You won't be able to install the switchbacks in an amber housing, if that's what you were wondering?

The clear housings are required for switchbacks. We have single color amber bulbs for the factory turn signals

Nick C.

·
Registered
634 Posts

You won't be able to install the switchbacks in an amber housing, if that's what you were wondering?

The clear housings are required for switchbacks. We have single color amber bulbs for the factory turn signals

Nick C.
I didn't mention an amber housing, I'm referring to the stock NA turn signals, which are white/diffused.

Like so

I don't see why they wouldn't work, but I don't make the product which is why I ask.

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I didn't mention an amber housing, I'm referring to the stock NA turn signals, which are white/diffused.

Like so

I don't see why they wouldn't work, but I don't make the product which is why I ask.
My mistake, I thought you were referring to putting switchbacks in an amber housing lol :oops:

They are intended for clear housings and we definitely have the sizes you need for your stock housings

Nick C.

·
Registered
428 Posts

Question: Do these also work for what Miatas basically have as parking lights? Would those be cool white when they're on, and cool white when they flash?

Also, what do you mean by switchback?

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Question: Do these also work for what Miatas basically have as parking lights? Would those be cool white when they're on, and cool white when they flash?

Also, what do you mean by switchback?
The switchbacks are a dual function bulb, that stay white when operating as a running light and flash amber when the turn signal is used.

If your vehicle doesn't have a dual filament turn signal / running light bulb, we have some bright amber options as well :mrgreen:

Nick C.

·
Registered
428 Posts

The switchbacks are a dual function bulb, that stay white when operating as a running light and flash amber when the turn signal is used.

If your vehicle doesn't have a dual filament turn signal / running light bulb, we have some bright amber options as well :mrgreen:

Nick C.
How can I tell if it's dual filament?

I am asking because I really want these for my car but want to be sure they work first :D

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

How can I tell if it's dual filament?

I am asking because I really want these for my car but want to be sure they work first :D
Give us a call at your earliest convenience and we can provide you with more information on a switchback setup: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Re: FS: Miata Turn Signal LEDs *Switchback Options* -Same Day Shipping!

Hi Nick, any ETA on when the HP24 switchbacks are going to be back in stock?

·
Supporting Vendors
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Re: FS: Miata Turn Signal LEDs *Switchback Options* -Same Day Shipping!

Hi Nick, any ETA on when the HP24 switchbacks are going to be back in stock?
They are expected to arrive April 20th (est.)

We will post an update when they are available on the site

Thanks!
Nick C.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts