ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sure there is a few what ya need? Maybe something can be answered or just looking for furs hand owners?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just havent heard much about them, want to get one for a 1.6, any complaints, what kind of power are you gettin. Im looking for 250 to 300 on a stock block. I was also thinking about a custom setup with a gt30r. Any ideas?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just havent heard much about them, want to get one for a 1.6, any complaints, what kind of power are you gettin. Im looking for 250 to 300 on a stock block. I was also thinking about a custom setup with a gt30r. Any ideas?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea dont really want to get involved in something like that. What kind of setups are people running for drag/street? Anyone running a gt30r?

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I guess im crossing off mazda racing 2.5 downpipe off my list. Not supporting them at all.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You should check out BEGI. I should say that they are finishing up my 1.6L T28 based kit right now. (pics here --> http://www.bellengineering.net/Pages/products_miataturbosystems16.html) Corky would me more than happy to discuss options with you. Although there stock kit will be primarily for T25 and T28 turbos, they can drill the mani for T3 very easily.

I don't know your experience with high HP miatas, but at 250 to 300 you are going to need to reinforce the drive line (LSD, clutch, etc). Also, you will want to good engine management (TECIII, Hydra, AEM).

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Oh yeah, stay away from Racing Mazda. I've met Ric a couple of times. I think he means well, but because he's bad at business the end result is the same.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea manifold and engine man. is my next issues, flipside customs has a nice manfold ive been looking at. Not sure what engine management to go with, i know the tec III is the best but not sure about the price, havent heard much on aems, id like to use piggyback system to start with then upgrade to a stand alone later.

M

·
0 Posts
Curious why you guys are not considering the Link and Hydra ECUs that FM specs. There's a community of (free) online support so you don't have to invent the wheel yourself, unlike those newer brands.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
your setup is pretty close to what im looking for. Do you think running the gt30 on a piggyback with a low boost setting(around 10 psi) on say 550 injectors would be safe? I was a dsm guy where you hooked up an afc and turned up the boost, but doesnt look like miatas are that easy. The link kit is looking good except no launch control.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
miata isn't a boosted car from the factory. Thats an aweful big turbo and injector set up to run on a piggyback, but it could be done at lower hp and boost levels. Have you been in a boosted miata with a turbo that size? just curious as its kinda big for a 1.6

and i think most people aren't suggesting the FM ecu's for 2 different reasons. The link is limited for what modern ecu's can do because of its memory. The Hydra hasn't had 1st gen support until recently. As more people get exposed to it, I think that more people will adopt it...

like me. I like the Hydra a lot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually ive never ridden in a boosted miata period. I just sold my eclipse and have 8 grand to spend on a miata as a drag car that will be driven on the street occasionally, not really what most miata are used for, but its the perfect car for the job, light, rwd, takes boost well, and is easily overlooked. I just want to get the car running with the gt30r and eventually upgrade to its potential.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There are actually a very few number of full ECUs that have good tech support for the Miata. Pretty much Link and Hydra are your choices. I've heard of folks using everything from the Haltech to AEM units on miatas. I even know a guy who has the Wolf EMS running (very well I might add). If you are looking for a an easy solution your choices are pretty limited. I haven't yet decided which way I'm going with my 92. The link is attractive because it can be had pretty inexpensively (used) and is plug and play. It's not the latest and greatest, but it's adequate ? just my opinion. If I had the money, I'd go with the TECIIIR. It's pretty much all you'll ever need.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
just do business with flyin miata. your car will be perfect. i speak from experience.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Racing Mazda Suck ass!!! I will never do business with them every again! Horrible business man... ric seemed like an ok guy, but he doesn't know what he's doing and his help is retarded! I bought a downpipe from him a few years back (when I was turbo'd) and they lost my order so many times, it took over 4 months to get. I had to call them every week and babysit the order!

Seriously, do business with flying miata.. they know their stuff and they have great tech support!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts