ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of aquiring a Mazdaspeed d-cut wheel from a buddy. We figure it's a waste for an autocross-only car to have such a nice wheel, so it's getting replaced in favor of a MOMO.

Anyways, I've got the horn button with me right now because it doesn't stay in place in the center bore of the wheel. It doesn't look like any little plastic posts have snapped off, but it also doesn't look anything like the 3 MOMO horn buttons I've got. There seems to be nothing on the Mazdaspeed button to keep it mounted in the wheel. I was wondering if I was missing a piece, or just nuts, or if anyone else had this problem. Does anyone have a photo of the back of their Mazdaspeed horn button they could quickly post? My MOMOs all have little posts with a metal ring behind them. This MS one doesn't have anything to hold it in place.

As far as I know, the wheel is new from Adrenaline Racing (well, used about a year now), but there's no previous owner who was hard on the wheel/button. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
yes, there is a metal ring you will need that comes with the hub adapter kit that you buy, whichever brand you choose. The horn button will fit snugly in place with the ring installed, most all steering wheels are like that.

PhatMiata

·
4,436 Posts
Adam - I too have the same issue - what I recommend is that you get some black chewing gum from Joe at Rspeed and roll up small strips of this to lock down your horn button into place - it also allows you to remove button if needed and keep it secured. Black chewing gum is basically a low level window/weather strip.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
the blue potato said:
Black chewing gum is basically a low level window/weather strip.
You can also remove it if you are on a hot date and need fresh breath in a hurry.

PhatMiata

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah! I forgot about that little ring. I've got 2 or 3 spares from my various MOMO wheels. Got one on Sharka right now with my current MOMO, but I think the MS wheel doesn't have one. Good info.

And I didn't even think about the gorilla snot. Good call. Again, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts