The first "factory built" Mazdaspeed-branded special edition:
Mazda Launches Limited Edition Mazdaspeed Roadster
Exclusive equipment enhances driving pleasure in sports car
Mazda Motor Corporation announces the release of limited edition versions of the convertible sports car "Roadster" and also the compact four-door sedan "Familia." Designed to offer improved driving performance, the Mazdaspeed Roadster and Mazdaspeed Familia are available today at dealerships throughout Japan.
Mazda defines "the driving pleasure of feeling at one with the vehicle" as "dynamic (driving) DNA," a common characteristic for all Mazda cars. The goal is to achieve a feeling of oneness between car and driver by providing a high level of integrated balance in basic functions such as accelerating, cornering, and stopping.
The new Mazdaspeed Roadster offers improved performance thanks to the modified specifications associated with the Mazdaspeed brand*. This further enhances the fun-to-drive feeling.
The Mazdaspeed Roadster employs a damper that drivers can adjust easily among four levels to match driving conditions. It also features an exhaust manifold that provides improved exhaust efficiency and a "sporty sound" muffler for a distinctive sports car exhaust sound. Mazda has equipped the Roadster limited edition model with aerodynamic parts and a distinctive exterior color scheme that features a blue body and gold wheels. The interior also has special touches designed to add a sporty feel.
Mazda plans to produce 200 units of the limited edition Mazdaspeed Roadster.
Overview of Limited Edition Mazdaspeed Roadster
- Base model: RS (1.8-liter DOHC engine, 6-speed manual transmission)
- Major special equipment (points of difference from the base model)
- Four-level adjustment damper (Mazdaspeed)
- Allows the user to adjust the attenuation by four levels to match the driving conditions.
- Custom exhaust manifold (Mazdaspeed)
- Improves engine exhaust efficiency.
- "Sporty sound" muffler (Mazdaspeed)
- Produces a distinctive sports car exhaust sound.
- Reinforced engine mount and differential mount
- Stiffer rubber at the locations where the engine and differential are mounted on the body allows motive power from the engine to be conveyed to the drive system more directly.
- Colored front suspension tower bar (matches body color)
- Hood insulators (noise dampers)
- Custom body color: Starry Blue Mica
- Custom aluminum wheel color: Gold
- Front air dam skirt, side air dam skirts, rear under skirt, rear spoiler, headlamp and rear combination lamp bezels, front fog lamps
- Decal with "MAZDASPEED" logo (on left front fender)
- Carbon tone center panel
- Blue metal plated meter rings
- Blue stitching Stitching on seats, steering wheel, shift knob, and shift boot is blue to match exterior color.
- MP-3 compatible multi-control CD car audio system manufactured by Kenwood and four speakers