ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost new.

Bought with ~21,500 miles, 1997 base model with only options being power steering and carpet floor mats. Not what I would have imagined myself driving a few years ago, but as I own it longer I find myself turning into somewhat of a roadster purist. No air, power windows, uprated sound, or anything fancy needed here :mrgreen: I've already introduced myself with the Miata.net crowd, but I've been lurking here for a while. I love the transition from the mainly conservative previously listed forum to this one, where body modifications and outlandish paint jobs are the norm. Myself, I'm somewhere in between.

Modifications include:

JR Supercharger
JR Boost Timing Controller
JR Hi-Flow Fuel pump
JR Sway bars
Tokico Advanced Handling kit
RB sway bar brace
Cobalt strut brace
Panasport 15x7s with Bridgestone Potenzas
Brainstorm low profile headlights
Autopower Roll Bar

Soon to be installed or already installed by me:

JR Hi-Flow Cat
R-Package valence extensions
Motegi Traklite 2.0s 15x7 35mm Offset, with 205 Azenis

From what I've heard the Tokicos are garbage, and the Autopower leaves something to desire.. I've seen pics of them doing fairly well in wrecks, but it doesn't take a wild imagination to see it bending something like the windshields usually do. The new wheels are great so far, not quite as aggresive as the 15x8x0 offset monsters I've seen here, but I wanted something with close to stock offset. 10.0lbs forged at ~$200 a corner was an incredible deal for me. The PO-installed Panasports look great but felt like boat anchors.

I'm trying to lose weight here and there, and I've taken at least 60lbs out so far. So far I've removed spare tire and jack (replaced with motorcycle compressor and fix-a-flat), passenger floormat, other odds and ends. The new wheels saved at least 25lbs, but the supercharger install as I've heard is worth +35lbs, so it's no lightweight yet. Need to get a base weight before I can have a goal, are there any good weighing stations in CA south bay?

Attachments

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Those polished wheels look decent, what brand/style are they? :-k Good looking car, and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those polished wheels look decent, what brand/style are they?
The ones in the funky-gamma pic (six spokes) are Motegi Traklite 2.0 15x7s & 35mm Offset

The bottom pic (multi-spoke) are Panasport 15x7s & 38mm offset

If you're talking about the six spoke set that's actually a big compliment :D . They were purchased purely for their size/price/weight combo, with looks taking second fiddle.

·
Registered
489 Posts
South Bay as in Beach cities (Torrance, Redondo, Hermosa, etc.) west of LA. Or the up north where people mistakenly call the oakland area the South Bay? lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Or the up north where people mistakenly call the oakland area the South Bay? lol.
I live near San Jose south of SF, and I say no way, this is south bay! I base this off absolutely nothing, although Craigslist lists it as 'South Bay Area', which around here is frequently shortened to 'South Bay'

Yes, my Panasports were on CL for ages, and someone had the audacity to set a price with me and agree to buy them for $800, of which I used in advanced to purchase the new set. Now he's telling me his wife doesn't approve and good luck selling them :evil: . Now I'm $800 in the hole and have a full set of wheels/tires that I can't seem to get rid of. Blame it on the plethora of cheap copies (Rota, etc).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
are those anchors for sale?
Yes. My father has a modest sailboat and I asked if he could use one, but alas he's already got some 22s

But seriously, yes they are for sale.

The wheels (as stated above) are not SSRs, but don't discount them just yet.. The SSRs were 9.5lb forged wheels which were extremely prone to bending; there are horror stories all over the web. They also cost upwards of $300 a wheel, making replacement a tricky proposition. No, the ones on there now are "Motegi Traklite 2.0 15x7s & 35mm Offset " (quoted from above post). I made a mini-review of them on Miata.net, you can read it here:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showpost.php?p=2323812&postcount=34

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Traklites you say? :-k I wonder how they'd look in red :-k (photochop here we come)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts