ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some springs, as i am unhappy with my ride height-

im calling on pics and suggestions for miata springs. what's the lowest available? i really like the FM springs, until they decided to change them! the racing beats i have now are too high for my taste-

...anybody have any experience with swifts?

·
3,542 Posts
I guess it depends on your goal and budget. Is your main criterion height, or are you also looking for a particular spring rate. What shocks are you using?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
H&R Race Springs give you a 1.5in drop all the way around. That's the most I've found without having to go to coilovers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Go with coilovers. I'm saving for flex right now. Until then cut the springs. I cut about 1 1/2 in the front and im gunna cut another 1/2 of a coil. The quality is alittle bumpier than stock but handles better and looks good.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
^ Have you had experience with H&R springs? What are the rates like?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Have you had experience with H&R springs? What are the rates like?
same question i have! H&Rs drop 1.5" -but i cant find posted rates. I like the way my springs ride now, but theyre just stupid high in the back! im going to get the FCM mounts and hopefully that will cure my problem

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
Damn, that's pretty stiff for the front and soft for the rear...

I was planning on going with these paired with KYB AGX's, but I'm not sure now. I really just want that 1.5in drop...

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
^^^
h&r are progressive i believe
Ah, well if they're progressive rate then they're still under consideration...haha

EDIT:: If you don't want such a stiff spring, H&R's Sport springs lower Miata's 1.4in in the front and 1.3in in the rear (their race springs are red, sport springs are black). I've found some sets on eBay for pretty reasonable prices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts