ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a really nice Auto X event today, the course was made for miatas ! I dont think ive ever had as much fun Auto Xing as I did today.

Here are a couple of shots. The car really needs a wash, it isnt this dirty all the time :p

·
Registered
239 Posts
are you running the rt215's or the 615's? what what psi did you run them at? i auto-x'd last weekend on some rt615's at 23psi and wasn't really impressed with them... they got better as i dropped the pressure (i started at 30psi), but i've heard that the old azenis were better.

·
2,708 Posts
are you running the rt215's or the 615's? what what psi did you run them at? i auto-x'd last weekend on some rt615's at 23psi and wasn't really impressed with them... they got better as i dropped the pressure (i started at 30psi), but i've heard that the old azenis were better.
23psi is WAY too low for RT-615s. If you want all-out performance, shaving them is the way to go. I've ran on both tires and 615s have a slightly softer sidewall, hence the higher PSIs. Keep in mind they are not all-out R-compounds, so they WILL eventually get greasy, but it occurs much later with the 615s.

Read this for good info...

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?p=1887487#post1887487

·
Registered
239 Posts
23psi is WAY too low for RT-615s. If you want all-out performance, shaving them is the way to go. I've ran on both tires and 615s have a slightly softer sidewall, hence the higher PSIs. Keep in mind they are not all-out R-compounds, so they WILL eventually get greasy, but it occurs much later with the 615s.

Read this for good info...

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?p=1887487#post1887487
well they're not exactly new... i've burned a bit off of them drifting (which they are good for!), but i will up the pressure to mid 30's like the m.net thread suggested. thanks for the info!

i think for my next set of competition tires i'm going with kumho ecsta 710's 225/50/14's i haven't heard anything bad about these!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was running at about 32 PSI and I think I should have bumped it up a little bit more. So I dont really know what to tell you lol. They are the older style 215's though, but they are on their last legs.

As to the other question, the drivers side is a sprint and the passenger side is a speed, I bought both of them used and at different times they look the same so its no big deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts