ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, I posted a few months ago saying that I was beginning to save for an NA, and behold, I have bought a '94 red 5-speed. Here is the "Welcome Thread.
http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=52589
I bought her Sunday night, firing her up at 8:53. Clocking 125,XXX miles, everything seems mechanically sound overall. Needs some belts, and I am noticing some rattling in the transmission starting around 2400 rpms (anyone know anything about this?). I've put a little over 200 miles on her since Sunday, and I'm obsessed.

Monday Night
[/url]
DSC_0030 by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]
DSC_0031 by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]
DSC_0032 by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr[/IMG]

Tuesday!
School was ridiculously hard to get through, all I wanted to do was get home to Rosetta and begin tearing something out, anything!

Starting off by pulling the wheels off to check the suspension. There wasn't a ton of rust under there, which was nice to discover. Texas doesn't have all of those nasty winters with the salt and whatnot. I wish there was some snow though, I miss my Oklahoma City winters. Either way, I believe these are the factory shocks, which seem to be doing okay from what I can tell. This is my first performance orientated vehicle so I don't know how it really should be riding.
[/url]
Still rolling on a bone stock suspension. It feels okay to me, but I know that if I get in a car with some new components I'd be blown away. by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr[/IMG]

I also weighed the wheel and tire. Seems pretty heavy for a 14x6. I've never seen a weigh in for these stockers, so here that is.
[/url]
DSC_0029.NEF by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr[/IMG]

Started pulling some carpet....

DSC_0032.NEF by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr

And the center console is now gone, which I believe I want to hang in my room just for shits and giggles. The passenger seat will be going back in tomorrow, and I have been having some major issues getting the driver seat out. I've hit the bolt with a BFH, and have been spraying it with penetrating lube. No luck yet, any suggestions are appreciated. I just want to get everything clean. I don't have an impact which makes life difficult.

DSC_0031.NEF by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr

I need new upper and lower boots which was to be expected. It is kinda funny to see the transmission from the driver's seat.
[/url]
DSC_0034.NEF by Ethan Nicosia, on Flickr[/IMG]

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts
Geez, you young punks.

Unless yer gonna **** it in the gas filler, or tailpipe, why the stoopid girl names?:littlepony:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geez, you young punks.

Unless yer gonna **** it in the gas filler, or tailpipe, why the stoopid girl names?:littlepony:
I really don't know. I guess it's just because there isn't anything that I could be more affectionate towards. Girls, cars and cameras. Obviously cameras don't get names, but cars and girls do. Rosetta is also an Italian name, which I'm Italian, so it fits.

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts
A)"Climb into Rosetta"
"I just got some new oil and a filter for Rosetta"

B)"My fucking car is broken"

I think I'll stick to plan B

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm just gonna be blunt. This is my car, and whatever I decide to name it or do with it is up to me. I come on here for advice, not to be flamed for a name. If you don't agree, get the hell out of my thread. :littlepony:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Rosetta is also a Stone name.
cwatididthar.

Nice car bro!
I understand the chick names, I did it too. Just not with the Miata. I had a Prelude named Sophie lol.

·
Supporting Member
873 Posts
I'm just gonna be blunt. This is my car, and whatever I decide to name it or do with it is up to me. I come on here for advice, not to be flamed for a name. If you don't agree, get the hell out of my thread. :littlepony:

Awwwwwww. Ok

You go girl! :hello kitty:

·
Registered
2 Posts
IOW GFU

1 - 12 of 12 Posts