ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BTW Today I had the chance to drive Paul's original Mega Monster.
This car is really a monster :) and it's amazing the way it screams and roars.
It's the most powerful car I've ever driven and probably it would keep that title in all of my life...
(Hey there are not so many cars out there with Supercharged V8 in a lightweight miata body!)
We went for a ride with Paul at the passenger side!
I put 2nd gear and the acceleration (from standstill) was amazing... Don't forget you have 2nd gear (Paul reminded me) but I knew that, I was just trying to see how scary this thing was! :mrgreen:
I put first gear and I stepped on the throttle(!!!)
The car launched like a rocket while the expensive 245mm rear tires were leaving their signature on the road, 2nd gear and the acceleration continued in the same pace!
Damn I have to get one of these I said to myself...but hey I have one of these, I'm just missing the extra 200HP :) and that awesome sound!
After that sound my miata sounded like a vacuum cleaner :)

The Mega Monster was very stable and felt very solid!

Congrats to Paul for maintaining this wild baby!!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Looks like great fun. I still haven't had the chance to drive a V8 Miata but there are 5 V8 MGBs in my shop right now. Everytime I'm down there working on the Miata someone unfamiliar with my car will ask if it has a V8 since every other little sports car in my shop seems to have one. I can say that the MGBV8 is one of the fastest cars I've ever driven. With only 2100lb. and 190hp or so from the Rover 215 it feels plenty fast enough to be scary. I've gone for a passenger ride in a 4.8L 300hp MGB GT that was really exciting! I still think the fastest car I've ever driven acceleration wise was a tuned Evo8 (better than the BMW E46 M3 or Ferrari 308GTS.)

·
Registered
116 Posts
thats the perfect kind of power for a nice street ride.

fastest car i've ever had on the street was a 39 chevy sedan delivery....with over 600ci v8 and an enormous blower putting down WELL over 1000hp to the wheels. the mickey thomsons on the tubbed back had to be more than a couple of feet wide.

just cruising along at idle is scary and caused me to sweat like crazy. tapping the gas brought my heart rate up even more...

i wouldn't mind cruising something like that again, it feels more dangerous than walking around with a loaded gun with no saftey lock. there is something really fun about that, or i am just a hillbilly...

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I've never had the pleasure or priviledge of seeing a V8 Miata in person. Would like to see/hear one someday, and would LOVE to drive one.

·
needs a wingman
592 Posts
there's someone in my area with a Kenne Bell supercharged Red monster. it's insane, he's told me he can't get it to hook in the lower 4 gears 0_o i have pictures of it somewhere...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ran my Mega Monster at the Perris CA 1/8 mile last night, just made two runs; I shifted at 5000rpm and I was quite happy with a 7.5 at 102mph! Next time I may try to push it a little harder and shift at 5500 or 6000!

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sounds like a great ride!

My best Miata experience was in a 96 2.0L FM stroker/built everything/U3 @ 17psi. I can't imagine 8 pressurized cylinders worth of thrust in this little car..

·
Registered
59 Posts
I?ve never had the pleasure or priviledge of seeing a V8 Miata in person. Would like to see/hear one someday, and would LOVE to drive one.
Mr Woolely, we have never met but your welcome to drive my Monster any time at you convenience. :D Now, can I drive your Atom after you figure out how to legalize it? [-o<

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
I?ve never had the pleasure or priviledge of seeing a V8 Miata in person. Would like to see/hear one someday, and would LOVE to drive one.
Mr Woolely, we have never met but your welcome to drive my Monster any time at you convenience. :D Now, can I drive your Atom after you figure out how to legalize it? [-o<
Sure, let's trade rides in the parking lot next door, 'kay? =D>

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sure, let's trade rides in the parking lot next door, 'kay? =D>
Your on! I'm retired and available most anytime for anything car related. 8) Send me a PM.

Thanx Paul

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Tomorrow (Sunday) won't be good because it's a church parking lot...they tend to be busy on Sundays. :lol:

Maybe next Saturday?

·
Registered
59 Posts
DRAG RACE!
:twisted:
:lol: Hardly, I would likely lose and then I?d have to add a 200 shot of juice! :shock: Both cars are already on the fringe of sanity, besides, with the acceleration these cars are capable of lets leave the drag racing to track. :wink:

Paul

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tomorrow (Sunday) won't be good because it's a church parking lot...they tend to be busy on Sundays. :lol:

Maybe next Saturday?
Sounds good, tell me when and where and I'll be there :D

Paul

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Actually, my Saturdays look to be rapidly filling up for the next few weeks. How about we shoot for a week night? I'll PM you my phone number so we can chat & make arrangements. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts