ClubRoadster.net banner

261 - 280 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
out of curiousity whos SLAMMED On these i have them on my car but dont feel like doing all the work to find oujt haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have megan tracks on my car. And I have to say, click 32 to click 30 I feel a difference. 32 being the softest is WAY too soft even for 10kg front 8kg rear. Not trying to get off subject, but I'm just saying that the tracks are soft to be 10kg/8kg and in a miata.

Good review!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just got my Megan's installed yesterday.

Front's are all the way down w/o messing with preload. Still have some way's to go in the rear.
16x8 +25 with 205/40's

·
Registered
167 Posts
does anyone have a photo of these coils bottomed out w/o messing with the preload? going to buy these soon, and really want to see how low these go.

·
Registered
167 Posts
really? cause some of these pictures didnt seem THAT low. like the NB ^ up there. i preferably would like to see how low these could go on an NA though.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I have an NA. I had to pick it back up to make it functional.

There's a balance between ride harshness and stroke. You can keep it effectively unloaded at the expense of stroke, which means you'll bottom out more quickly. Or, you can preload the crap out of your springs, and you'll get a harsh ride but have more stroke. There's a balance to be reached somewhere in there.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Current ride height. At about half an inch lower it was almost impractical to drive. An inch lower and the health of your oil pan will be in serious question.

man, I need some new pics...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
There is no preload. With that said, I am planning to extend the shock bodies for a little more travel and mildly preload the springs.

·
Registered
167 Posts
ok, thanks, sorry im very new to this and im just trying to learn as much as possible about it. But, will adding preload hard anything if you needed to add preload too go lower?

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
^Dude, do you want to destroy your car? I mean... I've already told you they can go so freakin' low that you can't drive the car, so... what exactly are you after?

Put them on, adjust them to your liking, and move along.

You're starting to sound like a Raceland candidate, and it would save you a bunch of money. Go that direction.

·
Registered
167 Posts
my bad, i just wanted to make sure because some people in this thread are saying that these coils dont go low enough... but from what everything youre telling makes sense, im not trying to literally slam my car to be undriveable, im trying to get to a functional low, such as the review photos. im probably going to pick these coilovers up though. from what i hear everything is good! i was just confused about how low because some people in the original thread were saying they didnt go low enough.

·
Super Moderator
6,343 Posts
ok, thanks, sorry im very new to this and im just trying to learn as much as possible about it. But, will adding preload hard anything if you needed to add preload too go lower?
:fp:

Did you not read all the text on this page? If that isn't enough, search.

Or, you can preload the crap out of your springs, and you'll get a harsh ride but have more stroke. There's a balance to be reached somewhere in there.
You make it sound as if the spring rate changes based on compression (not sure if this was intentional or not), just for clarity, it stays constant.

261 - 280 of 307 Posts