ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Megan EZ Street Group Buy

In recent months we have had quite a few requests for Megan EZ Street Coilovers, so we have been working with one of our suppliers and have worked out a group buy price. There are a limited number we can get at this price, but that is all dependent on how fast we get our orders in. We are going to lock down 5 sets, so if we exceed that, we will need to check stock.

More info here:
http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=985&catid=86

This group buy go through Friday November 30, 2012. Product should ship the following week.

Pricing:
$700 Shipped in the Con. US.
$650 Local Pickup at Project-G
International please contact for shipping quote.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Why go through a supplier when Megan is so close to you? Local shops already offer cheaper pricing than this $650 group buy.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Wish I could join....

So broke empty wallet syndrome :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
Price seems high regardless of whether group buy or not. Was expecting more around $600 shipped for a group buy price.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow, I guess we aren't getting a decent deal. As for the question about why we don't go directly to Megan, we tried and were told they are no longer accepting So. Cal dealers. Too many already.

We found a vendor who named the price for us to run it at, so that's what we offered. We would do better for ourselves going through the other group buys at this point.

The one thing I failed to mention is we are able to offer a 2 year warranty vs the 1 year everyone else offers. That was my fault for glossing over that fact.

Sorry guys, didn't mean to insult anyone.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Yeah, while it might not make sense for local socal people. $700 is right on par with eBay sellers, and they have been known to have all sorts of issues with availability. Groupbuy still makes a lot of sense for non-local people. Much better dealing with project-g than some unknown website that doesn't even list if they are in stock.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The pricing in this thread seems about right. Since we can't go directly through Megan, the pricing we are getting after our vendor takes their cut makes sense.

We were simply trying to provide a reliable means of getting them out to you guys. I don't believe, or at least our intention wasn't to seem as if it was a spectacular price, but that we could get them for this price NOW. As stated, we have been getting a lot of requests for them. It seems they are always back-ordered, or people have been waiting for 2 months and still haven't received them, etc. Also as I forgot in the original post, we were able to offer a 2 year warranty as compared to the standard 1 year. So really our thoughts on trying this group buy was to give you guys a reliable source to go to. Definitely not a money making venture in any way. We are glad to see this thread may provide this very thing, just not through us.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts