ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats the story with these? i have seen a street series and a track series. what have you guys heard about these? ive read one bad comment on them, but not much more than that. has anyone had any experiance with them? please leave any info that i might not have already found from there site. thanks.

·
Esteemed Member
3,416 Posts
I've got a set, they're actually no where near as bad as everyone says, good build quality/Fit and finish, good dampening, i would say the springs are a bit on the stiff side.

I'm actually selling mine right now if you're interested.

M

·
0 Posts
When did we become like m.net, Bill?

"use the seach funcion"
Sorry if anyone took my comment the wrong way (Linh, you should know me better!)

I was celebrating that the search function is (finally) repaired and available for such usage.

I am the newbie's best friend, always ready to help

That should be apparent from the many welcoming messages I've posted.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay, i need a few people to tell me BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT that the new megan racing coilover street series is as bad as it used to be. ALL of the trash and flaming that was posted on m.net and cr.net was from a few differant people in mid 2006.(keep in mind a few sets were given to a few volenteers for testing purposes.those were the main posters and flamers for the miata coilover, from what i understand.) since then many improvments have been made on the coilover. but i still want to hear from more than one person that has had the most recent sets or is preferably still running them.

i just want to get all this straight.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
what do you want to use them for? I seriously doubt you'll find anyone who has used them as a track coilover and has experience with other things to compare them against.

If you want to use them for the street, make sure the spring rates fit what you want and you should be fine.

it is rare that "cheap" and "quality" exist at the same time in the same product. That being said, if there is someone here in SoCal that has a set of these on thier car, I'd love some exposure to them. I get a good amount of people asking about what is the best bang for your buck set up. I'd like to see how these compare to a koni/ground control setup...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i plan to use them for mostly mountain and street with the occasional track event. its not a daily driver so im to overly concerned with comfort. i dont mind a stiff ride. whenever they people flame o them, it seemed to be mostly about the stiffness of the ride. i honestly dont think its gonna bug me too much, since i dont drive it everyday.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i was actually wondering about these too, I dont mind them being extremely stiff, as long as i can lower them enough to my preferences and they work is fine with me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
A lot of 240sx owners sport em, haven't heard any bad reviews so far. Coilovers are identical to the Apexi N1 coilovers(w/c is made in Taiwan).

I friend here (Topher) rode on a 240 with Megan coilovers. He liked it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
katona8c and i are on the same boat. im just concerned with the performance and amount i can lower the car.
is there anyone on the forums that CURRENTLY have these on a MIATA that THEY drive? i would like to hear from a few that has experienced these megans first-hand. i have read many good things about these c/o's, but they were all for other applications(e.g.: 240sx, Impreza WRX, Lancer EVO, ect.) but again, almost nothing on the miata from the new megan c/o production line.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
if you are concerned with how much you can lower them, that is simple math. How long is the shock body? If they are longer than the Teins that are ever popular, then you won't be able to lower the car as much as you can with those. period.

·
Registered
98 Posts
there's this new coilover called Racing Logic. RIghtnow, they're using SWIFT springs on their coilovers. We already ordered them for our miata.

We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
C2AUTO: is that you chris? its kyle. you were telling my about them not long ago. give me a call or something and let me know how they are.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts