ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone running these?

if so how do they feel for everyday riding. and getting a little crazy on some turns

i can get them for a good price. so im thinking ill go with them

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I've heard good things, some do think they are a bit too stiff for the street though. Just make sure you the latest version (shorter bodies).

I'll probably go with these in the future since they are more in my price range.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah jason quoted me a good price on them...ive been reading up since i post this. and it seems like there very good

i think thats what im gonna use

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i just got back from munkey wurks. and the guy there quoted me 900.00 for the tein SS...yes, that includes shipping for me too

so i dunno...the megan offer more of a drop than the teins from what i was reading in the catalog.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,138 Posts
I'm looking at the Megan's too, but 10kg front and 8kg rear spring rates just sound too stiff for me (live on city roads).

So, I don't know. Nothing else is really in that price range that offers dampening and height adjustability.

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
I know this is a bit of a M.net thing to say, but AGX + GC is like $700, iirc. And AGX's on Ebay are like $280 shipped. And offer a 2" drop....at the expense of shock travel....but there are numerous ways around that these days.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I know this is a bit of a M.net thing to say, but AGX + GC is like $700, iirc. And AGX's on Ebay are like $280 shipped. And offer a 2" drop....at the expense of shock travel....but there are numerous ways around that these days.
I think that's not a bad thing to say, as it is true. The only thing about the AGX/GC combo is that it probably isn't that great for someone that wants to really slam their car because of said loss of shock travel.

·
Registered
316 Posts
AGX/GC Is an amazing setup for someone who doesent want to go LOW. The second you go lower enough for the car to look good, your on the bump stops all the time.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
AGX/GC Is an amazing setup for someone who doesent want to go LOW. The second you go lower enough for the car to look good, your on the bump stops all the time.
A. depends on your opinion of "looks good"
B. depends on your definition of "amazing"
C. this rule of thumb can change if you have shock tops

·
Supporting Member
1,670 Posts
Agreed.
Anyone know if MR offers softer springs. I'd almost want a set of MR coils if I could 1. find shock dynos and 2. get softer springs for $700ish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts