ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i installed my megasquirt 1 v2.2 in my 91 to help run my carbs. a few weeks ago i was testing a few things and the fans came on and there was no ignition light on the gauges and the two outer leds where flashing on the ms1 the ignition light and acc light. so is this normal should they flash or stay on? i have yet to plug in the ms1 to my computer to set it up but i thought it being used it should have the old set up on it or is it when you unplug it it resets? so yesterday i went to add a fuel cutoff switch but when i unplugged the fuel jumper where the mafs went i the leds on the ms1 did not come on and i had no spark. the fans still came on and i could turn the engine over. so is that normal?

·
Registered
189 Posts
i installed my megasquirt 1 v2.2 in my 91 to help run my carbs. a few weeks ago i was testing a few things and the fans came on and there was no ignition light on the gauges and the two outer leds where flashing on the ms1 the ignition light and acc light. so is this normal should they flash or stay on?
The LEDs are used as ignition outputs and as such they should flash back and forth.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The LEDs are used as ignition outputs and as such they should flash back and forth.
thanks, so when i unplug the jumper for my fuel should i loose spark also and no leds?

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
so i finally plugged my laptop into the ms1 and i cant load the tune that is on it? any one have a base tune for the 1.6 NA stock setup for the ms1 2.2? or a good set up link step by step? i have been reading on mt.net but dont know where to start.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it looks like my com to usb is not installed right. but cant find the drivers online looks like i need a new one.

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i bought a new com to usb and it works rite but when i try to test it in mega tune it says there no response! i have mega tune set to 9600 and com5 and my com to usb set to the same what am i missing?

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try TunerStudio - it's a lot easier to set up than MegaTune.
i tried that but it still did not connect.

well i installed windows 7 reinstalled everything it still will not connect. maybe im downloading the wrong software?

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
com ports. Check them

i have tried 30 different ports with the both setting set the same laptop (com 1 9600) ms1 (com 1 9600) don't know what im missing?

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Leave it set to 1 and try a port check with all other programs closed. Then post a screen shot of the results.
what do you mean all the other programs? like google chrome? if so ill try that tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts