ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
some guy on m.net was trying to sell pnp for early miata.

i forgot his user name.

you NA's are lucky

·
2,708 Posts
I thought they already did this?

or is this different than the send in your ECU and they solder everything in for you?
The vocabulary needed to install and tune the Link system is beyond my comprehension. I'm assuming the PnP will allow an intimidated user, like myself, to just plug it up and it will aleady have custom fuel and timing maps ready to go.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i wish i could actually see this unit work. wonder how user friend this is.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he had horrible customer service and his product wasn't all that Pnp. The DIYautotune solution is in no way related to kingof1337 and, from what I understand, will be a single box ready to roll unit.

If you are thinking of purchasing standalone ems in the next couple weeks it might be wise to at least hold off and see what kind of price point it has. it should be competitive.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Wait till April, according to MAtt over at DIY Autotune they have a loaner Miata they`ve been testing with good results and will release new mods soon.

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ it's my understanding that this will be marketed as a standalone ems and the DIY part can be ignored. It will run the same software but the need to assemble or diagnose/repair electronics is no longer there. It will require the same level of user input as any other standalone ems.

·
Registered
498 Posts
hehe

ok as a local GA boy, I been by DIYautotune, so I got a sneek peek at the PnP unit.

Here are the detial that Jerry was willing to let out.

First is will be straight Plug and Play. I am not sure what maps will and will not be sent with the unit but there is a ton of maps on miataturbo.net so some one should have a close enough setup for everyone.

Also it is the about the size of the stock ecu and can be mounted in the same location. He did say something about mounting and using different bolts of something. He as had the unit in the stock location on his donor miata, but its been a few weeks since I talked to Jerry so I don't remember word for word what he said.

He had the car running with out a good tune so it all seem to be working good. Last time I talked to him he was about to enter the beta stage, with all his testers. I know that atleast one of his testers is a turbo car so there will be testing on both NA and turboed miata.

As for the price, since we all want to know about that, he did not tell me a full price just that it will be more then the normall megaquirst which runs 400ish but he said he is shooting to keep it under the 1k mark.

BTW the donor miata is running without the AFM... :D ... now that should help get you all wet :mrgreen:

Lauch date was not set yet so still waiting on the offical release date.

·
Garage Quinn Motors - GQM
2,847 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing how this setup performs. If it works good and is reasonably priced I would def consider picking one up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts