ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Wow, did that ever sound JDM cool or what. javascript:emoticon(':D') I have a 92 1.6 that I am collecting the bits to go the IRTB way. So far, I have the GSXR 600's that I'm mounting directly to a 1/2" DIY aluminum flange manifold which will bolt on in place of the OEM intake manifold. That should allow me the most flexibility when it comes to velocity stack length, plenum size, etc. I am trying to weed though the megasquirt info now, and wonder if anyone can tell me briefly if I have this right. I plan to use MS1 Version 3 and understand that I have to have all the necessary sensors, but can I use the Miata sensors in conjunction with the Suzuki sensors? In other words, a Suzuki TPS with a Miata IAT, etc. I know that ElyasWolff is working on this now, but wanted to draw on any knowledge I can on this board, as well. Elyas started with MS and is now working on his IRTB's. I got started backwards.
Best Always
Alden (Glad to be on board.)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Welcome Alan! How's the spinner project coming along? I swear I'll finish mine one of these days. I just spent all weekend installing new Toda flywheel and cluch. Next weekend it's auto-x and powdercoating a friend's brake calipers. Maybe the weekend after that I'll have some time if the sail boat and/or the carbon fiber seat project doesn't get in the way. Oh, crap, that weekend is the mountain bike race. Yikes, too many projects going on!

.... Anyways, back to your topic. You can use most either Mazda or Suzuki sensors with Megasquirt. So long as the sensor is a type traditionally used for the purpose, you should have no problems. When you setup your EFI you will calibrate the TPS, IAT sensor, etc. with the software controls.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kyle
I have been promised by my machinist friend of a friend that the parts will be water cut and ready for me to drill the final holes for the attachment bolts within 2 weeks. Then I'll post pics as they look right out of the shop. Later plans are to paint my OEM's gloss black with polished lip and to leave only the spinner part of the centers AKA black. Can you say Elan Sprint? :) Glad to be on board. I wish the MegaSquirt folks would sell a bound version of the manual. My wifey watches my printer ink use like a red-tailed hawk watches for mice, plus, with a dial up connection, printing that puppy off of the net would take a good day.
The life so short, the craft so long to learn
Best Always
Alden

·
Registered
201 Posts
For my 1.6, my project involves running MS-II and running Ford EDIS. I am gonna be mounting a trigger wheel on the crankshaft pulley for the EDIS system.
Im gonna be using a side draft manifold and gonna be running DCOEs for starters and then switch to TWM induction throttle bodies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts