ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i just got a miata with the greddy turbo kit and i am melting my brake master res. I need to know if this shield is what i need or should i just wrap the res.

I found this shield on Flyin miata and it says for the greddy turbo kit. Or if you guys have an idea of what i should do cause i am gonna put a new master cylinder on the car i just dont want this to happen again. Also keep melting dip sticks

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
Yes that heat shield will reduce heat substantially. I run the same one, plus i also run a thermal cover for the cylinder.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there a web site or a place that i can order a new master for cheap with the res? what is on the inside of that box? I may just try to make that.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
nothing, its just a shield to block/contain the heat in. You could make the same thing with rivets, ingenuity, and sheetmetal.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
that'll help. you'll also want to wrap the heater hoses and dipstick in heat resistant stuff. here's how it was on my car; i took the heatshield off the turbo, but there was one on it. I think cooltec made the stuff i put around the reservoir. go to miataturbo.net for good info.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pretty much a metal box.....no healt sheilding or insulation inside? Also that car has a kinda bad turbo lag problem. Doesnt hit full boost until like 4300rpm, Is that normal? I was thinking of doing mega squirt as well is that common on turbo miatas.

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
For the lag issue, what is your setup? Maybe try tightening the wastegate?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this is all i know of right now just got the car 2 days ago

Greddy turbo kit
Begi fmu
Starion fmic,leak tested prior to install
Custom intercooler piping
993 bov
1.8 dif
Act clutch
a/f and boost gauge
Momo 08 drift wheel 350mm
Konig rewinds 15x7s
Falken ziex 512s
Mech boost controller
Tokico shocks/structs +springs 1.5 drop
R package lip, nla from dealer
Racing beat style bar
Jackson racing cat back exhaust
Jackson racing cat
Mazdaspeed oil cap
Valve cover professional painted.
Walbro 130psi fuel pump.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also right now it is at 10PSI is that a safe boost setting or should i go lower or can i go higher?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
he was asking because of a typo on your mod list.

I would suggest testing each cyl to see if they are all around the same compression, and also doing a leakdown test. Just for future reference you ALWAYS want to do that before you buy a car. hopefully everything turns out great.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
O I did a comp. test and all for were at 180. that was the first thing i did b4 i even bought the car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had melting issues, and the fm heatshield box was a piece of junk that rattled too much.

I solved it by cutting a few simple gills in the hood, and lifting the back of the hood.

·
Registered
1 Posts
yeah, you can even put heat reflective duck tape on your brake res. I have that same heatshield and it works very well.

are you running any kind of bipes or timing retarder? Check for Vaccumm Leaks or cracked hoses...

when was the last time your IC was cleaned?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts