ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took off soft top today and sketeched up some ideas for a custom roll bar.

Here we grinded down the seat belt mount

Better view.

Grinded down the spacer underneath the stock tower bar so it can be flush with our mounting plate we will use. We are going to keep this and possibly use as a harness bar.

And here is our template.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Coils went on today Also cut off muffler sounds real good!
I did that also...sounded decent but melted my rear pretty bad. Had to replace it.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
What type of "track" car are you making this into? If you are going to under any type of safety scrutiny I doubt that would work as a harness bar. There are rules about attachment, pipe diameter, and thickness. I'm like 90% positive that brace wouldn't pass as safe for a harness bar. It has been long accepted as dangerous to use for a harness bar. Also, mounting anything to that shelf is a poor idea, its very thin. All the rollbars and cages pass through it in cutouts and mount under on the actual tub. Nothing legal will be attached to the shelf.

Would be a good idea for you to look up the rule books for whatever it is you plan on using the car for. Would be a shame to spend all this time building things that aren't to spec and could possibly hinder your event involvement in the future.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I wouldn't go around willow with that bar holding my harness...........

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well came up on a deal for a double diagonal hard dog roll bar and bought it. Also made a new harness bar.

Mount for the harness bar.

And if you didn't already hate me enough for fucking up a M edition Hate me now! haha

·
Registered
184 Posts
oh dear god dont show up at a track with stock seats and a 5 point harness cut into them. If your strapped for cash by a knock off seat it will be a little safer but still not ideal. If possible look for a used fia certified seat. I know it sounds like im being silly but safety is not something to cheap out on or it will cost you or your passenger their lives. I personally couldnt live with that on the back on my mind.

Rant over, I love the build and remember your best investment on starting out is seat time! Seriously you can learn more on blown stock stock and all seasons with 10 track days then 1 track day and Coil-overs with r compounds! Now bouncing boobies! :bouncin:

1 - 20 of 205 Posts