ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Mark Andrews and I am de-noobing myself finally. I purchased a red 92 Miata late August of this year.

Anyways about myself, I am a 30yr old married guy working as a web designer for Johnson & Johnson. My first car was an 88' Monte Carlo SS with a +400hp 383 stroker motor in it. My family has always been into cars, but I have mostly grown up around the muscle scene.

Come this past summer, my dad in his 08' Z06, uncle in his 65' VW VR6 Notchback and cousin in his 02' S4 all decided to start a summer track day weekend at Watkins Glen. With all the fun they had, I could not sit around and just watch... I had to get a car for next summer.

Which led me to the miata scene. I was looking for a budget racer that already had a nice build with suspension and light performance. Reading as much information as I could, I was sold on the miata. Though my family was making fun of me for wanting it, I pushed ahead with trying to find the right car. I found this 92 turbo miata on ebay and decided to go for it.

So here it is, the red rocket in all its awesomeness. Though it needs a proper set of wheels and brakes, I'm a huge fan of it. I was sold instantly on the car.

Since purchasing the car, I've removed the carpet, painted the interior, added the lip, painted the turn signal intakes and installed the boss frog roll bar.

Thank you for reading. Pics Below.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ty ty, I was waiting for some flamage of the wheels haha. The funny thing is that the car gets a lot of positive attention with the 17s which is surprising. Probably since they are Ronal's and look sort of OEM. Big fan of CR though, excellent resource.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@blackdbl9NB - Yeah good call, but I hope to replace them this summer. Brakes are the priority though since it still has OEM sized rotors and calipers.

Engine management consists of a Megasquirt ECU and I have been using Tuner Studios VE Analyze which is a sweet sweet program.

Other specs of the car include:

• Mitsubishi TD04H-15G turbo
  • Greddy manifold
  • Full 2.5” exhaust from turbine to tailpipe (TurboTony downpipe, Magnaflow cat, Enthuza stainless catback with Magnaflow muffler.)
  • Front-mounted intercooler (2.5” core)
  • Devils’ Own MAP-sensing progressive water injection system.
  • Torsen limited-slip differential with 4.10 R&P out of a 1997 model.
  • ACT “HD” clutch package
  • Engine management consists of a Megasquirt ECU
  • Innovate LC-1 wideband EGO sensor with XD-16 display
  • Five-o motorsports 465cc fuel injectors
  • Walbro 190 fuel pump
  • Toyota coil-on-plug direct fire ignition (no spark plug wires)
  • 36 tooth EDIS-style VR crankwheel pickup
  • Raceland adjustable coilover suspension
  • Stainless Steel Brake Lines
  • Slotted Rotors
  • 17 Ronal Wheels
  • 205/40 Kumho Ecsta 711 tires

·
fender gap is the enemy
2,103 Posts
welcome, looks nice. if you're hopin to track it, those coilovers and wheels should be quick to go and be replaced!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@r-unit69 Good call. Order of things right now... brakes, wheels, then suspension. I've read the rep on Ricelands but they work for now.

I won't make it to the track this summer, right now I can't justify $3k in parts to track it one day. Though it looks so fun :). And thank you for the input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts