ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas,
ive been wanting to take out my antenna for a while know because i simply never use my radio or anything and i really like the way it looks without the antenna. but i having a hard time finding where to get a hole plug. if anyone knows, please help. thanks a lot.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Even better...

I found out completely by chance that the plug that covers the wiper arm attachment nut will fit perfectly!!

I had removed the power antenna from my wrecked car and I needed something to plug the hole while the car was sitting outside at the time. I looked around and grabbed the cover and BAM, whaddya know!

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I just ordered an OEM antenna hole plug from Trussville. $7.**. And the guy said there are only 29 of these left in the system. So get them while they're hot ;)

On the other hand, the 1.5 DIN filler plate for the radio is apparently out of production :(:(:(

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Dude, I'm tellin' ya...the 79 cent wiper arm plug works just as well and looks good.

I'll bet it's the same part!!

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I'll try and get one in the morning.

The wrecked car is in the garage with the passenger side against the wall, but it's on a dolly, so I will have to move some stuff and get the pic.

·
Esteemed Veteran Member
972 Posts
Dude, I'm tellin' ya...the 79 cent wiper arm plug works just as well and looks good.

I'll bet it's the same part!!
It's not even close to the same part. The wiper cover plug has a much sharper transition, is smaller in diameter, and stands higher on the fender. It's also much easier to remove from the hole - think vandals, theives, kids.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts