ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MC is back at Buttonwillow, but this time going in the opposite direction than normal (usually clockwise). This counter-clockwise configuration is rarely run and is also an MC first., so if you want to take advantage of running a "new track" and showing that you can adapt quickly against your friends, come and drive!

For event specifics and discussion, join us on the Miata Challenge forums!

Round 3 registration link: SUNDAY, April 17
(Note: TRANSPONDERS ARE REQUIRED. Please order one during online registration.)

2011 Rules and Regulations link: PLEASE READ
It is the competitor’s responsibility to read and understand these rules in their entirety OR RISK BEING DISQUALIFIED!

Current 2011 Season Standings: After Round 2 (Updated 3/28/2011)

Race Report: Round 2 @ Infineon Raceway (3/6/2011)

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Miata Challenge 2011 – Round 3 @ Buttonwillow (13 CCW) (4/17/2011)

ExHondaMan said:
I'm trying real hard to make this one.

And btw, the Honda challenge guys are already whining about having to share the track with slow miatas,lol.
Haha, they should say that to our faces, while I am alongside them as they try desperately hold us up in the corners before getting to the straights to use their VTEC POWAH. Are they still butthurt because they got passed by a few of us in the rain in January? Lolz.

Just playing. We like to play!

·
2,708 Posts
Haha, they should say that to our faces, while I am alongside them as they try desperately hold us up in the corners before getting to the straights to use their VTEC POWAH. Are they still butthurt because they got passed by a few of us in the rain in January? Lolz.

Just playing. We like to play!
Haha! To be fair, there's only a small competitive handful that are running between 2:01-2:06. I told them to stop sandbagging and join a quicker run group,lol.

EDIT: Even if i won't be competing, I'l be there to watch you guys and my Honda friends. I also want to try to get you into a properly set-up Civic. I want to see what you can do with 230whp and 1900# of all mota rice! I bet you could go below 2:00.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Miata Challenge 2011 – Round 3 @ Buttonwillow (13 CCW) (4/17/2011)

ExHondaMan said:
Haha! To be fair, there's only a small competitive handful that are running between 2:01-2:06. I told them to stop sandbagging and join a quicker run group,lol.

EDIT: Even if i won't be competing, I'l be there to watch you guys and my Honda friends. I also want to try to get you into a properly set-up Civic. I want to see what you can do with 230whp and 1900# of all mota rice! I bet you could go below 2:00.
I'd love to drive a Honda FF car for once, especially at Buttonwillow 13 CW with a B-series equipped car, because I have yet to experience "the VTEC pop." Closest thing is the S2000 AP1 and AP2, but I am not sure that counts. If you can arrange a way to get me into a Civic, I'd definite would love to drive it.

However, sadly, I'm not going to this event... Instead, I'm going to be at SoW going to racing school to help me get my W2W license. Sucks because it's 13ccw (reverse Buttonwillow 13cw) and that's a rarely run track config. I've never driven CCW and I so want to drive it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts