ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join the discussions about this event and the upcoming 2011 series on the official Miata Challenge forums! This will be the easiest way to timely answer your questions and address concerns about the series. Feel free to pick our brains and ask lots of questions about your interest in the series there.

Miata Challenge forums: Round 10 @ Streets of Willow CW Discussion

Round 10 registration link: SAT, December 4th
(Note: TRANSPONDERS ARE REQUIRED. Please order one during online registration.)

2010 Rules and Regulations link: PLEASE READ
It is the competitor’s responsibility to read and understand these rules in their entirety OR RISK BEING DISQUALIFIED!

Current Standings: As of Round 9

Race Report: Round 9 @ Streets of Willow (11/7/2010)

Per usual, Speed Ventures credits on rewarded to the podium finishers of each class (Street, Modified and Unlimited).

• 1st: $30
  • 2nd: $20
  • 3rd: $10
And remember, all of you are battling for the season grand prizes for each class (Street, Modified and Unlimited)!!

• 1st: $200 SV credit AND 1 set of 949Racing 6UL wheels (Gen 2)
  • 2nd: $100 SV credit AND choice of either a $200 949Racing voucher towards $1000+ purchase or $100 gift certificate
  • 3rd: $50 SV credit AND choice of either $100 949Racing voucher towards $700+ purchase or $50 gift certificate

·
4,296 Posts
In street class sonny, dicker and I had a close battle again.
Dicker won with a 1.31.1
sonny second with a 1.31.8
Leonard third with a 1.31.9
we had some good sessions. all of us overcoming some mechanical difficulty at some point.
We also finished the season in the same order

I want to congratulate Dicker on a great season and a convincing win in the season ending challenge to cap off his season championship. Also to Sonny for bringing a good fight late in the season and forcing us to step it up.
2011 looks to be very strong if the three of us compete and make a serious run for the championship in street. Our cars will get faster , and our driving better. Who ever else decides to compete will really have to bring some game to take it away. Street class is such a fun battle atm. I can't wait to see what happens.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I lost my photo camera from the event. FML... I hope someone found it...

The competition is good. By next season, my car should, theoretically, be able to sit on the podium. It's a matter of me becoming faster. I really hope we can have more competitors next year.

Was Matt Jones there yesterday?
Yes, I'm looking forward to doing a full-on season in Street class next year and seeing more competitors in the class and the series.

Socal KINOD, I know some of you are on the fence for the 2011 season. Don't worry about being competitive, just come out!! Or what, afraid you all will get beat by shitty-ass, beat-up 100whp NA6? Bring it.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, I forgot to congratulate the 2011 season class winners for an awesome 2010 season. Personally, I'd like to congratulate Dicker on a great cap to the season with the finale event win and the season win. Great driving.

However, don't expect me to hold back like I did this year. I'll be competing with you for the whole season in 2011 and with some mods along the way. :p

·
4,296 Posts
i think im beginning to realize that all the guys that actually enjoy the fun of the track are already out here with us.
in all honesty , i would still be going ,even without the challenge series. even though the fun we have getting up to speed with each other , and having our little battles makes it 100 times more fun . it looks like its not going to bring any one else out.

emmi just proved it. its much easier to park , talk about cars , and play GT5.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
In street class sonny, dicker and I had a close battle again.
Dicker won with a 1.31.1
sonny second with a 1.31.8
Leonard third with a 1.31.9
we had some good sessions. all of us overcoming some mechanical difficulty at some point.
We also finished the season in the same order
Wow, you guys are only getting faster! I'm 3 seconds behind in my car lol.

i think im beginning to realize that all the guys that actually enjoy the fun of the track are already out here with us.
in all honesty , i would still be going ,even without the challenge series. even though the fun we have getting up to speed with each other , and having our little battles makes it 100 times more fun . it looks like its not going to bring any one else out.

emmi just proved it. its much easier to park , talk about cars , and play GT5.
I'm trying to start making it out to the Miata Challenge event. For me, money and timing is the limiting factor. I was out at SOW the weekend before and I paid $120 including transponder. The last event I did was at BW @ Industry Track Day, and I only paid for my own expenses-- that was my first time at BW. I mainly go to have fun anyway, I won't be anywhere near being competitive, but I will be making it out to some MC events next year for sure... so don't count me out just yet. :D

·
4,296 Posts
yeah funds limit me also . i still have a family. so i try to make all my events MC events , but i need shocks , and tires next year. plus it really takes away from doing drift events, which this year, i have done none.
but man did i have fun.

·
SuperMOD
7,045 Posts
Mostly timing issues. Granted I missed out on all summer cause of England, but like...if this final round had been this weekend(after finals), I woulda been there...things like that, always coming at a bad time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts