ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my coilovers on for about 2 months now. I have the fronts maxed out but I still want to go lower. I have like an inch of wheel gay in the front and I'm tucking like a half inch of tire in the rear. I still have so many threads showing on the sleeve in the front but the sleeve has already hit the bottom and I was wondering would it be bad if i dropped the top 2 collars a few threads so i can lower it more? I know doing that messes with the spring preload but i want to make sure it's ok to do before I do. And they are megan racing street coilovers on my 99 nb miata

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ive had my coilovers on for about 2 months now. I have the fronts maxed out but I still want to go lower. I have like an inch of wheel gay in the front and I'm tucking like a half inch of tire in the rear. I still have so many threads showing on the sleeve in the front but the sleeve has already hit the bottom and I was wondering would it be bad if i dropped the top 2 collars a few threads so i can lower it more? I know doing that messes with the spring preload but i want to make sure it's ok to do before I do. And they are megan racing street coilovers on my 99 nb miata
Nope it wont! i have megan street nothing will happen just be sure to mess with ur damping after u lower it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so your saying nothing will mess up if I drop the two top collars? Or are you saying that it wont drop the car any lower even if i drop the spring perch collars?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ok so your saying nothing will mess up if I drop the two top collars? Or are you saying that it wont drop the car any lower even if i drop the spring perch collars?
yes nothing will happen if you drop the two collar. Everything stays the same.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Make marks with a Sharpie so if you want to readjust, you can have a reference point. Also I'm assuming you know how to roll fenders, but if not, there a couple threads and videos on here. Use the search button and check Googs for some DIY vids.

...and heatguns are hot, mmkay?

·
Registered
493 Posts
OK great thank you guys alot I'm gonna rollmy front fenders out alittle then i will lower it.
lol glad we can help .....sort of i guess

like i said before: be sure to mess with your damping i dunno how the roads are where u live but once u lower it the car will get a lil bouncy....

my damping is

18 front

10 rear

its ok for daily driving im still messing with it i might go higher

1 - 13 of 13 Posts