ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the Grand Prix again..... I watched mainly the Spec Miatas run and then stayed till the evening to watch the drift event and the drag racing... I mostly took pics of the Cosworth-powered Miata (which I know I've seen pics of on this board before)..... it sounded GOOD. You could hear him clutch-kicking it to get the rear end out, which surprised me.... but the tires on the rear were MASSIVE :shock:

...wait for more...

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I saw that NC drift car up close at the LBGP. Man is it ugly... :( it has good tuner parts like moton dampers and Cosworth Cams/internals, but man...so ugly. lol Still Im glad to see some NC support in the drift scene. Casper Canul is a pretty good drifter too.

Nice pics BTW, any videos? I wana hear that thing.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Wish I knew you were there. You should have stopped by the team MER paddock and said hi.

Can't wait to see the races on Speed. We couldn't see diddly from the hot pit. It would have been really cool to use the Champ car pits but no luck. They shoved us way off the west end, like 300 feet away from turn 1. Lame.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Jess, you are the WOMAN!! =D>

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I knew you were there. You should have stopped by the team MER paddock and said hi.

Can't wait to see the races on Speed. We couldn't see diddly from the hot pit. It would have been really cool to use the Champ car pits but no luck. They shoved us way off the west end, like 300 feet away from turn 1. Lame.
I was walking around aimlessly with my b/f so I very possibly could have passed by lol.
I got some good pics of the Miatas racing but didn't want to REALLY bog down this post. Maybe I'll post some more tonight :D

btw, what does MER stand for and which cars were those, what color scheme?

edit: oh yes no vid b/c my Nikon doesnt take any and I tried taking pics and vid once with a camera and also a vid camera, didn't work out too good lol

glad everyone liked them :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
MER is Motorsports Enterprises Racing. Good thing they shortened it eh?

Their two fast guys are the white, green and grey cars. They also have silver, green and grey and the two Traxxas cars. They brought six and ran five cars over the weekend. The numbers were 10, 22, 28, 30 and 47.

Unfortunately I was way too busy to get pictures but I'd really like to see more of what you got, they look great.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Love that interior!!!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hey I just noticed that they kept it N/A. Good thinking cuz I heard the solstice is difficult to control with it's high HP/short wheelbase combo. Although Rhys doesn't make it look so hard.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I'd like to see that ITB setup on the otherside of the Cosworth engine.

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd like to see that ITB setup on the otherside of the Cosworth engine.
This is about all I have, I was fascinated with the interior/exhaust more and skipped right over the ITBs. Plus I was retarded and had my cam set on "P" (program) mode so there wasnt a flash, but then all the pics turned out dark and I have to manually lighten them, which induces the graininess you see in the pics here. Very mad about that :cry:

Sorry I don't have a better one #-o

1 - 20 of 22 Posts