ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is something about the Hotwire MAF sensor on miatas that is unique. I know it is unique because on the HKS S-AFC you need to do set certain DIP switches only for the Mazda MAF also on the Greddy AFC install document there is some japanese amendment to the document specifically for the Miata MAF. I need info on that particular sensor, specifically the electrical characteristics.

this is for a 97 miata. Im asking on here because I know alot of japanese people are on here. I am pioneering for an AFC and blew my MAF. I am now having a few problems with everything. I ordered the new MAF and it should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, my new problem with the AFC is this. the car starts when the AFC is hooked to the Brown/yellow wire (which is ign. coil for sparks 1 & 4) only and brown (ign. coil for sparks 2&3) is connected regularly, it starts. and vise vera (meaning switch brown and brown/yellow and it also starts). but if both wires are plugged into the AFC the car does not start.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the maker of the AFC asked on miata.net with no answer...

I cannot find any answers with this after searching or hours. could I just use the 1st coil (ign coil 1 & 4) to read RPM's?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A guy made an Air Fuel Controller (AFC) and I am one of the first people (third to be exact, but first one with wasted spark) that is using it to work out all the bugs, get it running. I dont want to get this deleted so im not going to go into detail on everything within the AFC but yeah.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts