ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey hows it going everyone. my name is matt an i own a 95 miata that i have just recently gotten from my moving cousin. anyways the car has been quite a suprise! i never knew i could get so much fun out of something that looks like a giant, sleek rollerskate. but worst came to worst and i got too cocky with my car one night . however ill post pictures of the car once it comes out of the shop. :lol: .

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome! Be more careful out there.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
What's your budget, intended use and what are your goals for the car? Until we know more from you we can't really help any more than Google can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry, i was too vague. im looking to drop the car only about an inch, since my dad does drive it too, and he hates it when i lower the other cars too much. i was looking at the tein s-techs and specs say it drops .9 in the front and 1.2 in the back. i remember dropping my brothers accord with some s-techs and it seemed lower then the specs advertised. the car's intended use is for daily driving and light autox, so the car still needs to be able to get over speedbumps and dips easily without my dad killing me.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
If you're rolling on your original shocks I suggest getting some Koni Sport replacement shocks first. If your budget is extremely limited keep your stock springs and set the spring perch to the middle or low (if you dare) setting. Lowering springs and worn oem shocks = not fun. Or why not get Tein Basics? You still haven't told us what kind of budget you have to work with. Even stock ride height Roadsters can have problems with speedbumps and driveway entrances. Lowering will only increase the liklihood of the front bumper and/or chassis making contact with the pavement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would be totally satisfied with the tein basics but my budget is only about 200. i was thinking about getting someone else to set my spring perch but certainly not myself lol. i guess i better not touch anything untill i get more mula.

btw are the tokico hp shocks and springs set any good?

·
4,439 Posts
Hey Matt - Welcome and great ride. For springs and your budget - try to find the euro spec ones from IL Motorsport for about $200 and keep your OEM shocks - they drop about 1 inch.
http://www.ilmotorsport.com/shop/ar...=9&PHPSESSID=e3c7329450b2bd7a4497376d6a2febe0

(those above used to be the mild spring drop ones - say about .75" drop)

Also - Rspeed used to carry modified sprint perches that you would be able to reuse your OEM sprinngs and get about a .50" drop:
http://www.nopro.jp/page/o_part/urethane_upper_mount/urethane_upper_mount.html

But for just $300 more, I would go with these:
http://www.rspeed.net/miata/item.asp?dept=3&cat=14&prod=340-002

Keep us posted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts